Chapter 72

Damned Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For the first time, heavy breathing while I was with Daniel was bringing me no pleasure. “The good news is”, Daniel spoke with no breathlessness at all; the perks of being an angel, “you have gotten faster each day… the bad news is… you are nowhere close to angel speed”. “Am I going to get faster… like angel fast?”, I was still panting after collapsing to the floor, “You know what… whenever you want to see me, you are going to have to come to this spot, because I have forever lost the ability to use my legs again”. “You earthlings have no stamina at all”, Daniel chuckled. He got down on one knee with his back towards me. “What are you doing?”, I asked. “Your chariot awaits”, he said. I grinned and wrapped my arms around him. Daniel stood up and supported my legs as I placed my chin on his shoulder. “Maybe I should tire you out more often”, he kissed my cheek, “We still don’t know what powers you are going to get, but there is a chance that you could become angel fast… maybe you will be faster than me one day”.  Another boyfriend move was now checked off my list; being carried on his back. Every part of Daniel’s body was so comfortable to sleep on; even his shoulder from this angle. I was exhausted. We had been training every day; cardio, weights, boxing, self-defense. I almost wanted someone to attack me so I could justify the strain I was putting on my body.  

~~~~~~~

I woke up in Daniel’s arms, with no recollection of how I even got into my bed. I must have fallen asleep on the walk back to the dorm. I didn’t even get a chance to enjoy the ride. I wanted to stay exactly where I was, but I also really wanted to shower. I kissed his hands as I moved them away from me and got out of bed. I looked in the mirror and was startled at my own disheveled sight. Clearly morning runs were not for me. I took off my t-shirt and examined my body. I didn’t know if I was imagining the change or I actually did gain some new muscle. The thought of not being completely helpless, against an attacker, made me feel braver.

Just then Daniel appeared in my mirror too. “You scared me”, I gasped. He kissed my shoulder and I suddenly realized I was just wearing a bra with my track pants. Even though Daniel had seen me in a bra before, I felt self-conscious now. It was the first time my back had been that exposed to him. Like Daniel, I had a sensitive spot on my back as well. It wasn’t as serious or heartbreaking as his, but there was still a long ugly scar. He ran a finger down my spine,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter