Chapter 65

Damned Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Please note that I will be using the name 'JR' for Tris' classmate (Nuest's Jonghyun) going forward*

~~~~~~~

I stared at the books in front of me, trying to remember a time when exams were the biggest worry in my life. The book store had no customers today and no Daniel either. It had been a while since I had spent my shift alone. Well technically, I wasn’t alone; I hadn’t been alone for a while now. Sometimes it felt weird, knowing that I always had angels watching over me, especially when I was with Daniel. I mean I knew they weren’t exactly peeking into my bedroom or anything, but a girl just needed her privacy sometimes.

The bell on the door rang, like it did every time someone had entered the store; it was my classmate, Dongho. “Tris, I didn’t know you worked here”, he seemed pleasantly surprised. “Hey, yeah, I work a couple shifts now and then”, I said. “So why have you missed our last two study sessions?”, he asked. “Sorry, my life has a life of its own sometimes”, I chuckled, “I will be there tomorrow though”. I helped Dongho purchase a book he was looking for and then he left. And I was alone... until the bell rang again.

“Ong”, I had not expected to see him. I hadn’t seen him for a while; he was taking our time apart really seriously, “What are you doing here?”. He seemed hurt by my question. “It’s good to see you”, I hoped that would let him know that I hadn’t meant it in a bad way. “I was just checking up on you… I thought...”, he paused. “You thought what?”, I asked. “Nothing, it’s nothing… I should go”, he left before I even have a chance to stop him. What did he think? Why did he show up and then leave so hastily? I couldn’t handle the way our relationship was anymore. Clearly he was done being my friend, so I needed to stop thinking of him in that way. He was just my guardian angel from now on.

~~~~~~~

“Hey stranger” JR greeted and sat down beside me in the library, “It’s about time you graced us with your presence”. “I have missed you too… but what I have missed even more is your lecture notes”, I grinned, “Although you haven’t been in class recently, is everything okay?”. “Just personal issues I needed to deal with”, his voice sounding somber, “But everything is okay… w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter