Chapter 45

Damned Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Daniel stood up and walked towards the window. “No, don’t”, I yelled. “Why?”, he asked. “Because… It’s Ong”, I said. “Why is he outside your window”, Daniel looked more hurt than confused. “He’s probably just checking up on me”, I said. “He does that when he isn’t able to sense me”. “Why isn’t he able to sense you?”, Daniel asked. “I will explain everything to you, but I should probably just let him know I’m okay first", I said.

~~~~~~~

“Do you want me to freeze to death?”, Seongwoo asked, when I opened the window and climbed outside onto my balcony. “Do angels even feel cold?”, I asked. “Hey angels have feelings too you know”, Seongwoo smirked. “What are you doing here Ong?”. As much as I liked Seongwoo’s company, I really couldn’t stay out here too long; when Daniel was inside. “Just checking in on my favourite Triphilim”, he said. “I’m your only triphilim”, I said. “Yes and I hope it stays that way for a really long time”, Seongwoo smiled. “Well as you can see, I’m perfectly fine”, I said, “So I’ll see you tomorrow”.

I started to climb back inside my window. “Are you trying to get rid of me?”, Seongwoo asked. “Yes”, I said and Seongwoo made a weird face, “I’m sorry… it's just that... Daniel’s inside”. Why did this whole situation feel so complicated? “Oh... I thought the block was still there because he walked you home now; I hadn't realized you were still together”, I wasn't quite sure if I understood the expression on Seongwoo's face, “Anyway... have a good night Tris, I’ll see you tomorrow”, he said, jumping off my balcony again. I wished I could have invited Seongwoo in, so he and Daniel could reconcile. But all I could think about was the look on Daniel’s face when I had told him who was outside my window. I waved goodbye to Seongwoo and took in a breath of fresh air. Were these two guys in my life really going to avoid each other forever?

~~~~~~~

“Why isn’t he able to sense you?”, Daniel asked, when I had climbed back inside me room. “I’m not exactly sure, and he isn’t either. It only happens when I’m with you”, I said. “That’s odd”, Daniel said, “Fallen angels don’t usually block those senses… maybe it works differently with Triphilim”. “Yeah, that’s what Ong said as well”, I said, “So that's why he has to check up on me. He put some angelic tracker on me though; I guess that’s how he knew I was back in the dorm”.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter