Chapter 100

Damned Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Can we wipe the surprised looks off your faces and get this over with”, Jinyoung said. “But Jae and the guys have him, don’t they?”, Sejeong asked me. She was just as baffled as everyone else. I seemed to be the only one who had realized what was really going on. Jaehwan’s coven did have someone captive, but it wasn’t Jinyoung; it was just another imposter. The guy in front of our eyes right now, was the real one. The fake Jinyoung even had the cut on his face; making it impossible to doubt him.

“Too much of a coward to fight your own battles?”, Daniel asked. Off course he figured out what was happening as well. “You really shouldn’t be calling other people cowards”, Jinyoung said bluntly, “You are after all, the main character in the story of the most pathetic fall. Pretty sure your wings are shiny black; not a drop of red on them, right?”. Daniel handed Seongwoo over to the coven, “You know what the problem is with you fallen… Actually there’s a lot, but let’s focus on the most obvious one for now. Without your powers, your swords and your poisons, you are all weak”.

“How about we test out your theory?”, Jinyoung said, “Here’s a great idea. If you win… you are all free to go. But if we win, the girl and her guardian come with us”. “What do you mean by we?”, I asked. “Well how would we test his greatness if he fought just one of us?”, Jinyoung’s tone was sarcastic and annoying. “That’s not fair”, Daehwi yelled out. “Tell the Nephilim to shut his mouth, before I come over there and do it permanently”, Jinyoung spat out, “Now then… shall we?”. Daniel’s lack of fear made me panic. Was he really going to take on all of them alone? He stepped forward without any hesitation and Jinyoung stepped back, another fallen member taking his place. “I think my guys should have a bit of fun first, before I completely destroy you”, he announced in a mocking tone.

Daniel and the guy paced around in a circle. He was actually quite large, making Daniel look smaller than usual. I wanted to say something to encourage him, but I was frozen with fear. There were at least 30 guys lining up for the chance to beat up my boyfriend. But then, I was filled with a bit of hope after Daniel made his move; a low spinning sweep kick that left everyone awestruck. The giant of a guy had fallen. In the midst of him standing up, Daniel lunged forward, taking him down again. He and the guy threw punches and soon enough both their faces had streaks of blood. Daniel struck a final blow that eventually knocked the guy out.

He backed away, catching his breath, as Jinyoung instructed the next guy to fight. He was as skinny as Jinyoung, if not more. And by the look on his face, he was afraid of Daniel. Daniel made swift movements but before he could do anything, the guy backed away. “What is going on with you fools?”, Jinyoung spat out bitterly. He pushed them all aside and stepped forward, “What are we even building this useless army for if you can’t fight? I guess we just have to move up the main match. I have always wanted to know how it would feel to kill the great Kang Daniel”. Daniel wasn’t fazed by Jinyoung’s words and I was actually looking forward to this. I wanted Daniel to beat the crap out of him. But… before anyone could make a move, luck seemed to finally be on our side tonight.

“Daniel”, Guanlin let go of the guys and stood up on his own, “They did it”. “Who did what?”, Jinyoung demanded to know. The confidence he wore not too long ago had now appeared on the faces of our group. Daniel backed up towards us. “Wow… are you really that afraid of me?”, Jinyoung laughed as if he had just won some great war, “I guess that proves who the real coward is. Well then, we all know what happens now… it’s time to say goodbye to your precious girlfriend”. Our lack of reactions and responses seemed to have angered him, “That’s it… get the Triphilim”. Daehwi, Guanlin, the boy who was holding Seongwoo and me all stepped back, as the angels lined up in front of us.

“Seriously?”, Jinyoung grinned, “We have the numbers”. “Yeah… well we have Sej”, Daniel responded proudly. I didn’t understand what he meant, but he seemed pretty confident in what he was saying. And then… Jinyoung’s grin faded when he realized what was happening. There seemed to be a sort of an invisible shied around us, preventing his guys from getting closer to us. “What the-“, one of them said, “That’s not possible”. Jinyoung’s mouth opened wide with disbelief, “It’s the girl, get the girl”. But… no matter what The Fallen tried, they couldn’t penetrate our barrier.

“Woah”, Seonho beamed, “I had only ever heard of this gift”. “Because only female angel’s posses

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter