Chapter 55

Damned Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Well so much for my regular earthling boyfriend. “Is that why the Archangels wanted him to be my guardian angel?”, I asked. “They knew how important you were. Your last guardian angel was a powerful one as well, but somehow The Fallen have become more powerful as the years have gone by. Their numbers and malice are hard to compete with. The Archangels knew that you needed an entire coven to protect you, but they also wanted the leader of that coven to be Daniel”, Seongwoo said.

“I had no idea Daniel is that powerful”, I said, amazed. “Was”, Seongwoo corrected, “If he’s lost his resistance to fire, who knows what else he lost during the fall”. “But then isn’t it normal for angels to lose their powers when they fall, why would the Archangels let them keep it, it doesn’t make any sense”, I said. “Well they don’t have the ability to remove all your powers from you, but you do lose certain things, like your ability to heal or to sense angels and Nephilim or your beaming”, he stated. “So that’s why Daniel couldn’t sense what I was… But his hand healed. I saw it heal”, I said. “Self-healing is a power they can’t take away from you. Healing other people though… that trait is unique to guardian angels”, Seongwoo said, “The fall strips you of all powers that only a guardian angel should possess”.

“Do you know what happens to a fallen angel?”, I had assumed Seongwoo was as much in the dark about the exit process as Daniel was before he fell, “Like do you know how an angel falls?”. “From what we were taught, once an angel in banished, they are sent through a portal where those abilities are stripped”, he said. “Do you know anything about exit rooms?”, I could tell from the look on his face that he had no clue about anything,“Nevermind… soooo how does my beautiful telescope work?”. Seongwoo started adjusting the lenses on the telescope as the rest of the coven joined us, with a few new faces. Out of the new faces, I did recognize one; Jaehwan.

“Hi Tris, nice to officially meet you", he said, "Sorry if I seemed rude during our last encounter”. No matter how much Daniel seemed to dislike Seongwoo and Jaehwan, I couldn’t help but notice the sadness in their eyes whenever they indirectly mentioned him. “It’s nice to meet you to Jaehwan and don't worry about it”, it was weird how my new life was filled with people from Daniel’s old life. Jaehwan smiled and returned to the new faces who I assumed were his coven. Were all angel covens filled with handsome guys? Seongwoo was still busy trying to align the telescope. “We told you it’s never going to work”, Sanggyun said and the guys all chuckled.  Why were they picking on my telescope? Somehow I didn't care if it worked or not, it was his thought that counted.

A girl came up and stood next to me, “Hi I am Sejeong”, she said, "It's nice to finally meet the famous Tris". “Hi”, I was a bit confused, “What exactly am I famous for?“. “Oh you don’t know who I am, do you?”, she looked disappointed. “Are you dating one of the guy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter