Chapter 44

Damned Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Tris, you made it”, Jonghyun called out, when I reached our rendezvous spot in the library. “Hey”, I said, to the group at the table. I had recognized all of them from class, but had never spoken to any of them before. “Guys, you all know Tris”, Jonghyun said. “The physics genius”, a guy said. He had the longest, silkiest hair I had ever seen. “I’m Moonbok”, he said. “I just need to say that I have always loved your hair”, I really was envious. “Thank you”, Moonbok ran his fingers through his hair, which made it look even more appealing.

I greeted the other two guys at the table; Minki and Hyunwoo. We made a bit of small talk and then I took out my books, ready for literally any knowledge to be upon me. “So how much have you covered so far?”, Jonghyun asked. “Way too little... I didn’t have much time to study recently". Because I was too busy almost getting killed by angry angels. “Well that’s too bad”, Minki said, “We were hoping you could tutor us”. “Crap, I was kind of hoping for the same thing”. The guys had all laughed at my response. Was I really that funny? “Hey sorry we are late”. Two more guys had joined our table. “Wow... the physics genius is studying with us”, one of them said. “Tris, this is Dongho”, Jonghyun said. “Hi, I’m Woodam”, the other one said. Was I the only girl in this study group? 

~~~~~~~

We had spent two hours studying, before everyone decided they needed a break. The guys had gone to get snacks and Jonghyun and I were left alone. “So are you feeling more prepared for the test?”, he asked. “I am, thank you for letting me into your little study group”, I said. “I think some of the guys are a bit flustered”, Jonghyun said. “Why?”, I asked. “Well, engineering isn't exactly girl central”, he said. “Yeah... I didn’t realize I was going to be the only girl here”. Suddenly I felt self conscious. “Is that a problem?” he asked. “No, no... I get along much better with guys, than I do with girls and they are all great”. I didn't really talk much to the people in my class because I was always too shy. It made me sad that I had gone an entire semester without getting to know the six of them. 

~~~~~~~

We had spent another hour studying, before they became restless and decided to call it a night. “Sorry, we kept you out so late”, Jonghyun said, in the elevator. “That’s okay... I really needed it, I could have probably went all night if we had to”, I said. "Well I am a gentleman, so I won’t let you walk home alone”, he said. “Actually, my boyfriend’s on his way”, As sweet as his offer was, I was only going to feel safe with either Daniel or Seongwoo by my side. “Oh, well as long as you aren’t alone”. Jonghyun looked a bit disappointed. We had exited the library and there was no Daniel in sight. “Are you sure he’s coming?”, Jonghyun asked. “Yeah, he should have been here already, he's probably just closing up now”, I hoped Daniel would hurry. The nights seemed scarier when you knew someone was after you. “I think I’m just going to wait inside”, I said. “Okay I will wait with you until he gets here”, Jonghyun said, following me back inside.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter