Chapter 2

Damned Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Guys, don’t freak out”. I was back in my dorm room after running home from work. It was pretty scary walking alone that late at night. “I’m pretty sure this is my ghost that is here with you”, I said to my roommates Ash and Lala. “Oh my god! Why? Did someone try to attack you?”, Lala asked. “Why are you panting like this? What happened?”, Ash asked. “No I am fine, sorry, not the best opening lines with my out-of-breath-ness. Anyway the reason I am panting is because I ran back. It was freakishly quiet out there”, I said finally catching my breath. “So why is your ghost here with us?”, Lala asked. “Because, there is no way anyone can be alive after seeing a boy that perfect”, I said with heart filled eyes as I proceeded to tell Ash and Lala about my encounter with Mr God.

“You had one job”, Lala said when I was done. “You just needed a name or a number”. “Well not all of us have the skill to talk to a hot guy without self-combusting like you Lala”, I said. She was the kind of girl who could walk up to a random guy, strike a conversation and let him know she was interested. Ash and I, on the other hand, could barely maintain eye contact with guys we liked. I am still surprised that I was able to say anything to him at all. Well I guess I’m missing my Monday morning class to visit the bookstore. I am going to have to use my discounts sooner or later. Sooner is good. Sooner equals me accidently running into him again.

The rest of the weekend went as expected; Kpop and not leaving the room. Sunday dragged along as if it knew I was eager for Monday. But Monday had finally arrived. Why was I so nervous? It’s not like he was coming to the store to see me. Still, he was coming to the store. I was going to see him again. Could I be any more pathetic; waiting to catch a glimpse of a guy who I met for like 10 seconds? “Morning Tris”, Jihyo said with surprise as I entered the store. “Are you on shift today, I thought it was Naeun?”. “Oh yeah, it is, I just needed a book so I thought I would drop by before class. So has anyone come in to see you today?”, I asked trying to sound nonchalant. “Yeah actually, a student came in earlier saying he was looking for a job”, Jihyo said.

Nooo, how did I already miss him, it was only 7:30 am. I told him she would be here at 8 am. How punctual is this guy? “So what did you tell him?”, I asked. “Well I told him I only have girls working for me, so it would be nice if I had a guy working the night shifts, with the attacks and all”, Jihyo said. “I see, so is he just going to be working nights then?”, I said trying to hide my disappointment. “Pretty much”, Jihyo said. “It’s not like we are busy enough for two employees to be here at all times”. Well so much for working together with t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter