Chapter 16

Damned Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You are making me look bad”, Daniel said, after ringing the doorbell, “I've never shown up with so much stuff before”. Daniel and I had arrived at Woojin’s house to babysit. “I’m sorry”, I said, “I wanted to buy everything I saw”. “Daniel”, a lady said, opening the door with a bright smile. “Hey, sorry we are late, Tris had to buy the whole mall”, Daniel said, making her laugh. “That’s quite alright”, the lady said, “Hi Tris, nice to finally meet you, we have heard a lot about you, I am Woojin’s mother, Hyekyo”. “Hi, nice to meet you too”, I said. I couldn't exactly say I have heard a lot about you as well. Daniel still hadn't told me anything about how he knew Woojin or his parents. “Please... come in”, Hyekyo said.

“So this must be the famous Tris”, a man said, as we entered the house. “Hi Tris, I’m Woojin’s dad, Joongki”, he said. I shook his hand, mesmerized by his appearance. “The maker of the best burger I ever had”, I said. “I like you already”, Joongki winked, causing me to blush. I didn't know if Daniel was related to Joongki or not, but beauty like theirs had to come from the same genes. “Aunty Tris”, Woojin said running up to me, “You came”, he said. “Offcourse.. I told you I would”, I said, picking up Woojin in my arms. “Okay, we will be back tonight”, Joongki said, “Daniel, make sure Tris feels at home”. “And listen to Aunty Tris and Uncle Daniel, Woojin”, Hyekyo said. “I will mum”, Woojin said. “We will see you guys later”, Joongki said before he and Hyekyo left.

“So Woojinnie”, Daniel said, “What do you want to do today?”, he asked. “Whatever Aunty Tris wants to do”, Woojin said. “Wow... I have already been replaced”, Daniel said. “Are you jealous?”, I asked. “I am… I don’t know how I feel about sharing you”, he said, making me flustered. “You won’t share Aunty Tris with me?”, Woojin said. “Off course I will share her with you buddy”, Daniel said, taking Woojin from my arms. I couldn't help but smile everytime I saw Daniel interact with Woojin. It made me wonder how Daniel was with his other brothers. It also made me wonder what had happened to them...

~~~~~~~

“I don’t think I have ever been this tired before”, I said, after an exhausting day with Woojin. “His energy never gets depleted”, Daniel said. Daniel and I were in the kitchen, after finally putting Woojin to bed. “You were really good with him”, Daniel said, putting scoops of ice cream into a bowl. “I love kids”, I said, “And he makes it so easy because... why are you looking at the ice cream like that?", I asked, as i was pouring chocolate sauce on top of it. "I was just wondering if that chocolate is enough or you would like me to rip open the bottle for you to ?", Daniel said. Sometimes I wasn't sure if Daniel was being sarcastic or completely ser

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter