Chapter 78

Damned Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Daniel was showing me a video of Woojin playing with the web shooter they had built. It was my shift at the bookstore and he was giving me company. I was trying to get some studying done since I had a big test the day of and the day after the party. The test before the party wasn't too bad since it would already be over during the day. But how were students supposed to enjoy the party with a test looming. That lecturer was evil; he knew fully well about the party and scheduled it like that on purpose. Daniel was engrossed in some comics Woojin had lent him while I was trying to solve calculus problems. The bell at the door rang and it was the last person I expected to see.  “What are you doing here?”, I said in a blunt tone. “Tris, please, just give me a chance to explain”, Minhyun pleaded. I had not seen him since that night we followed him to the forest. “I don’t care what you have to say. Just get out”, my voice got higher. “I’m not leaving until you talk to me”, he blurted out.

Daniel got up from his chair, “I suggest you leave Minhyun”. “Stay out of this Daniel, it is between Tris and I”, Minhyun argued. “You come in here, yelling at my girl. So now it is between you and I”, Daniel announced. Minhyun ignored his words, “Tris, I didn’t cheat on Lala... Somi needed my help that night. That is all there was to it. She doesn’t have many friends. Lala knows this; she was her friend too”. “And what about all the other times?”, I asked. Minhyun’s face went blank. “You thought we just found out about that one night”, I said, disgusted, “Oh no, we know all about your phone calls and disappearances. That night was just the final nail on your own coffin. So like Daniel said, I suggest you leave. Leave this store and leave Lala the hell alone because she is already over you”. Minhyun knocked over some books in frustration, before he stormed out, not saying another word. “Are you okay?”, Daniel asked. “Yeah, I’ve dealt with worse; my friend’s cheating ex is easy enough”...

~~~~~~~

“He’s so excited”, Taehee said on the phone, “What time will you be by to pick them up?”. “Them?”, I asked. “Guanlin has insisted on coming along. Says he hasn’t been trick or treating before. Can you believe that?”, she sounded bewildered, “I hope that’s not a problem”. “Oh no, off course not. My test should be over by 4; we will leave then”, I said. “Okay, great… I will see you guys then… take care sweetheart… say hello to Daniel for us... love you”, Taehee sent kisses through the phone. “Love you too”, I cut the call and dialed Lala's number. She had been away for a few days, so we hadn't had a chance to talk. There was no answer. I needed to make sure Minhyun didn’t try to contact her again after our whole encounter. I wondered if he finally gave up trying to be the innocent victim and made things official with Somi.

Thud, thud, thud went my windo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter