Chapter 88

Damned Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“She’s waking up”, Daniel said. I was shifting around, trying to open my eyes. I could feel myself in the backseat of the car, lying on his lap. I held my tummy in agony. It felt like someone was twisting my internal organs, with gloves made of sharp nails. “Tris, can you hea-?", Daniel's voice was fading. I didn’t know what was wrong. I didn’t know how I got here. Had I fainted again? The last thing I could recall was the sound of Daniel’s heartbeat, while my head was against his chest; as we danced. I tried to reach for the door handle but my hand fumbed. The car door seemed to have opened anyway and I stumbled out. My eyes were barely opened but I knew where we were parked. A bit to the left of the car was a bed of flowers and weeds. I needed to get there, but I couldn't move. Daniel picked me up. He seemed to know what I wanted to do because he carried me closer and gently placed me down.

I had never experienced a pain that severe before. I leaned in towards the flower bed, but started to fall in after realizing I couldn't hold myself up. Daniel grabbed onto me, preventing me from falling over. I felt another two hands holding my hair back, while I puked. It was probably Ash or Lala, whose night I had just ruined. They had been looking forward to this party for so long and now they had to be on vomit duty. I groaned and tightly held my tummy, hoping I could force the pain out. Why couldn't I remember anything? There was a conversation happening behind me, but I couldn’t make out anything they were saying. Were they speaking in another language or was I just too dazed to comprehend words? It was like that moment after a bomb exploded and a person was too close to it; leaving them deafened. What was wrong with me? Why was I feeling this way? It felt as if there was no blood flowing through my body. It almost didn't feel like I was alive; more like someone had physically drained the life out of me. After what felt like hours, which was probably only minutes, I had nothing left to eject from my body. "Are you done?", Daniel asked. I nodded once against him. I still didn’t have the energy to speak, walk or keep my eyes opened. My senses were completely muddled. He lifted me up and carried me back to the car.

“Can’t you try healing her again?”, he asked someone. “I tried", the person responded; it was Seongwoo, "Whatever it is, is not physical. The common cold or even food poisoning would have been healed instantly”, Seongwoo struggled to get the next words out, “I think... I think someone did this to her. Did you see anyone from JR's coven at the party?". "No, they were the first ones I looked for once we arrived. They were nowhere in sight", Daniel said. "We also didn't see them. But that doesn't mean they were not here", Seongwoo added, "There were countless people in masks tonight. If they were not here, that means they were tipped off that we knew about them. And that's just not possible. Regardless I may know what's wrong with Tris. Do you remember when we had shown these symptoms, only we were throwing up blood instead?”. Daniel was silent for a moments, “When we had been poisoned by IPU?”, he sounded unsure. “Yes… we couldn’t be healed then either. We just had to wait for it to wear off, after it entered our system”, Seongwoo explained. "But IPU is an angel's... poison", Daniel paused, as if coming to a realization, "And Tris is 3 parts angel".

I wanted to ask what IPU was and how it entered my system, but I had been rendered incapable of speaking or moving. "It had been when we were held captive by The Fallen and they injected it into our blood”, Daniel said as if hearing my thoughts for more information, "How did they do this to her? She hasn't been out of our sight all day". “When they kidnapped Tris and I, they were poisoning me for the majority of the time I had been there. It was the only way they could weaken me. Back then I wondered if they were going to do the same thing to her, but I had never heard of it being used on someone who wasn't an angel before”, Seongwoo said, “Luckily we were rescued before they had a chance to do anything to her. But like you said, Tris is 3 parts ang

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter