Chapter 24

Damned Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What do you mean you are a fallen angel?”, I asked, moving backwards from Daniel. “Tris, I am not going to hurt you”, Daniel said. “I am one of them, but I’m not like the others, i'm not with The Fallen”. “If you aren’t going to hurt me, then you will open the door and let me go”, I said. “We can go”, Daniel said, “But”... “No, not we, just me, I am going to go... alone”, I said. “Tris, I just told you it is dangerous for you to be alone”, Daniel said. “They haven’t tried anything again since that day at the cemetery”, I said. “Tris, please”, Daniel said. “Daniel, if you want me to trust you at all, you will let me leave”, I said. Daniel ruffled his hair in frustration. "Tris, please", he said again. Why did this situation feel so familiar to Seongwoo's? "Daniel, from the moment I have met you, I have always trusted you. Even when i doubted every other guy, I have never once doubted you", I said. "Has that changed now?", Daniel asked. "It hasn't changed... but if you don't let me go, it might", I said. Daniel held his head down contemplating what he should do until he finally unlocked the door. Daniel didn't say a word as I left, but I could see the anger on his face. I wasn't quite sure if he was angry at me or the situation, but I needed to get out of there. I needed some time to myself, to process everything.

~~~~~~~

Well I didn’t think this fully through. How was I supposed to get back to the university from here? I didn’t even know where 'here' was. “Hey Ash, I need you guys to find a way to come and pick me up please, I’ll send you my location”, I said, on the phone. “Is everything okay? I thought you were at the library”, Ash said. “I was, but I’m not anymore, can you please just hurry, I am alone and it's late”, I said. “Okay, we will be there soon, be careful”, Ash said. 

I no longer knew how to be careful. How did I let myself get so caught up with Daniel in such a short space of time? Is that why he got close to me; because he knew who I was? Wait, do I even believe his story? No, off course I don’t. Angels, fallen angels, nephilim, triphilim, heaven, it’s ludicrous. All the things Daniel knew about me was common knowledge. It didn’t mean anything. My mother was not a nephilim. Just because I grew up without knowing my grandfather, didn’t mean he was an actual angel. It didn’t mean my 'real' father was an angel either. Soogeun was my father. Daehwi was my brother. Not just my half-brother, but completely, fully, 100% my real brother.

Why would an entire group of bad angels spend all their time on me? I wasn’t special or important. I led a boring life. And where were they for the past 18 years anyway? They could have come after me when I was a helpless baby or a… Oh my god. Suddenly I felt nauseated and threw up on the side of the road. I didn’t want these thoughts to be true. But what if there were? What if they did come after me, when I was 13 years old; on the night my parents were murdered?

That whole incident never made a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter