Chapter 41

Damned Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Daniel”, I said, sitting up again, “There’s something I need to ask you”. “What is it?”, Daniel looked at me worried. “Why do you like me?”, I asked. “What do you mean?”, Daniel's face had now turned to confusion. “Ong said that guardian angels have a bond with their Triphilim. I was just wondering… if maybe… we had that bond; since you were supposed to be my guardian angel”, I said, sadly.

“You think I’m with you, because of some angelic connection?”, Daniel asked and I nodded “Tris, that bond only begins the moment a guardian angel places their hand on the Sword of Horiel and swears an oath to their Nephilim”, he said. “I was just given a list of facts about you. I never had the chance to form any sort of connection to you”. “So then why did you suddenly want to get to know me?”, I asked. “Because you were beautiful”, Daniel said, and I got up off the bed, frustrated.

“There are a lot of beautiful girls on earth”, I said. “Tris, the first night I met you, in the bookstore… it was the first moment in my whole existence, that any girl had that effect on me”, Daniel said. “That’s exactly my point Daniel”, I was now pacing back and forth in my room, “Why was I the only one who had an effect on you? Is that why my father fell in love with my mother or Ong liked his Nephilim? Do all guardian angels eventually develop feelings for the one they are protecting?”, I asked. 

“Tris... the connection between guardian angels and their nephilim have nothing to do with any feelings they may experience for one another”, Daniel said, “I certainly did not fall in love with you, because of any bond”, Daniel said, “I love you because of the person you are and even after knowing everything about me; you are still choosing to be with me”.

I looked at Daniel, stunned by what he had just said. “You love me?”, I asked. “Off course I do... why are you looking at me like that?", he asked. “Well.. in a normal human relationship, it’s kind of a big thing when someone says it for the first time”, I sat back down on the bed next to him, too light headed to stand any longer. 

“Sorry, your boyfriend is a fallen angel, he doesn't know these things”, Daniel said. He held my hand and interlocked our fingers. “Promise me that you will never doubt my feelings for you”, he said. “But…”. Daniel cut me off... “No Tris, if you don’t want to believe everything else; that’s fine. But I need you to believe that I truly am in love with you and it has nothing to do with the fact that angel blood runs through both our veins".

I wanted to believe Daniel more than anything. I wanted to believe that he really did love me for me and not because of some bond. But it made no sense; why was he with me?. I have seen the looks girls give him when I'm with him. They look at him the same way I do; completely awestruck and flabbergasted that such a beautiful  guy exists. The bond would explain

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter