Chapter 26

Damned Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Tris... Tris... Tris wake up", someone called out. "Ong", I said, groggily. "Yes, it's me, wake up", Seongwoo said. I started to panic as I opened my eyes to find my legs and hands tied up. "Tris, calm down", Seongwoo said. "Ong, where are we?", I asked, looking around. "I don't know exactly", he said. I finally looked up at Seongwoo and my heart sank. He was seated on a chair with his hands and legs tied against it. With bloody bruises all over his face, he didn't look like Seongwoo anymore.

"Ong", I said, distraught. "I'm okay", he said, with his usual Ong smile. "Hey, don't cry", Seongwoo said. "This is all my fault", I said. "It's not", he said, "It is”, I said, “I left you alone with that psycho guy”, I said, “I’m so sorry, I’m so so sorry, I came back with help but you were gone”, I cried out. "You don't have to apologise Tris", Seongwoo said, "I asked you to run". "Yeah, but I shouldn't have, maybe if I stayed behind, you wouldn't be here", I said. "If you stayed behind, we both would have been here", Seongwoo said, "I would have just had your company for the past 3 weeks".

"I tried to find you", I said, "I looked everywhere, I couldn't even find the guys. And then today, I found Davina and she told me where you lived and I went there to talk to you but then your crazy roommate attacked me". "Why were you trying to find me?", Seongwoo asked. "I wanted to say thank you", I said, "You saved me that day, and I ran away like a coward". "You were scared Tris", he said. "It doesn't matter how I felt, I should have never left you behind", I said, "Thank you... for saving me. I don't know what would have happened if you hadn't shown up when you did",  I said. "Well I wouldn't be here with you", Seongwoo said.

"Yeah... you are only here because of me", I said with sombre. "Tris, I was just joking", he said. "No, they want me, they don't want you". "How do you know what they want?", Seongwoo asked. "It's a long story", I said. “Well in case you haven't noticed, we don't really have much else to do with our time", Seongwoo said. “I don’t even know where to start”, I said, “You are going to think I'm crazy". "Well you think I'm crazy”, Seongwoo said, “Maybe this will put us on equal ground”. I looked at him, all beaten up and weak and wondered if I had judged him too hastily. 

"Have you ever heard of Nephilim", I asked. "Have you?", Seongwoo asked. "Well yeah", I said, "What do you know about Nephilim?", I asked. "What do you know?", Seongwoo asked. "Why do keep answering my question with a question?", I asked. "Why do you?", he asked, causing me to sigh in frustration. "Forget it, it doesn't matter anyway", I said. "So then why did you ask?", Seongwoo asked. "I don't know what I was thinking", I said.

Just then the door opened and Jinyoung came in. "You are finally awake", he said, "Sorry about before, I hope

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter