Duties

I Stay Inlove With You

 

Chapter 8– Duties

I woke up early the next morning and went to Jungryul’s office. Though I was obviously lack of sleep, I had self-control. Jungryul is the number one fan of punctuality.

Sungyeol opened the door for me. Jungryul was on his favorite swiveling chair, head down while hands clasped on the table. As soon as I closed the door and sat down on the comfy chair across Sungyeol, he looked up and stared at me with his cold eyes.

“How many years have you been under me, Myungsoo?” He asked me as he kept looking at me straight into my eyes.

“19 years sir.” I replied plainly, looking back at him.

“In that 19 years, what have I taught you?”

“Almost everything about killing, sir.”

“Give me a more appropriate answer.” He said, tone getting impatient.

“You taught me how to become like you.”

“Good. Now, have you seen me chicken around in one of our battles?”

“No sir.”

“Then why is it hard for you to slay a life when YOU KNOW VERY WELL HOW TO DO IT?!”

I didn’t flinch at his roar. I didn’t blink. I just looked back at him like telling him, I’m not threatened by it.Sungyeol just sat there like he heard nothing either but I know what’s in his mind. I know he wanted to smack Jungryul’s face right now.

“I want you to do it the next time I’ll ask you to. Get it?!”

I nodded.

“But by now, I have an assignment for you two.” He opened his drawers and took out two folders and handed each of us.

“They are our biggest investors and they hold billions of dollars. Now, I want you to bring them our new proposal that is enclosed within those folders. Sungyeol, you’ll be in charge of Mr. Uy in Beijing and you, Myungsoo will be going to Tokyoto give it to Mr. Kubayashi.”

We scanned through the pages and I can see Sungyeol took it seriously.

“Three days is all that you have..”

“Give me four days. Mine’s more sensitive.”

I said. Japan is his rival’s largest territory so it is risky. But actually, I can do it for just two days.I just wanted to visit Sue Ji and I don’t want any disturbances. They’ll think I’m still in Japan and yeah. He gave me his glare again but he can do nothing about it.

“Fine. Just four and I expect you with some reports when you arrive.”

“Give me four, too. I never went to China before.”

Sungyeol said as he looked up. Jungryul nodded.

“Agreed then.Dongwoo have your plane tickets. It was scheduled noon.”

We walked out of his office and went to look for Dongwoo. We saw him in the kitchen, sitting on the counter and eating some steak.

“Dongwoo. We need our tickets.” Sungyeol approached him.

“I actually wonder why Jungryul still gives the most sensitive assignments to some idiots when obviously, there’s a pro hovering around here.”

“The tickets.” I repeated Sungyeol. I was getting more impatient.

“I just can’t believe he trusts a like you.” He looked at me while chewing his meat. The next thing that happened was fast. Sungyeol punched him right at his face making him spit all the shredded meat out of his mouth.

“What the ?!” He growled and attempted to take back on Sungyeol when I stopped him and kicked him on the ground again.

“Try calling him that again and you’re dead.” Sungyeol whispered to his ear as I stepped on his chest. Sungyeol took our tickets from his leather jacket before we left.

“S!” We heard Dongwoo yell.