Confession

I Stay Inlove With You

 

Chapter 17 - Confession

As we had just came home from a Mafia battle against the managers of the illegal drugs that Jungryul is trying to break in, I immediately went in my room and called Sue Ji. I came from the clinic where Sungyeol is for he was stabbed on his arm but he stopped bleeding. He’ll be okay, eventually.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Are you ready?” I asked her. We both planned about this three days ago. We’re going to meet up at the very place where we both first met. Just to stargaze.

“Yeah. I’ll be on my way. See you there, Myung!” She dropped the call and I changed into some decent clothes before I went out of the window to escape again. I am hell tired but my exhaustioneasily disappears when I’m with her.

 

We both watch the stars for quite long and talked about random things again.

“I guess he’s on a date now.”

“Who?” I asked. She would usually mention about how close she is with her cousin.

“My cousin.”She would usually mention about how close she is with her cousin.She beamed and went to look for another set of constellations again. I just watched her quietly. I haven’t realized soon enough that I was really into staring before she snapped me out. I have been falling inlove with her for a long time now. I am struggling just to keep it to myself.

She waved a hand across my sight. I blinked fast.

“You okay there?”

“Yeah..”

She yawned and rubbed her eyes.

“You’re sleepy.” I said as I ruffled her hair. She shook her head.

“I’m fine..” She said as she yawned more. I laughed.

“No lady, we are going home. You need your rest.” I stood up from my seat and hunched down. “Hop on.”

“I’m heavy..”

“I am strong enough to tolerate it.” After a few seconds, I felt her riding on my back.

She sang different songs as I walk us home. I like the way she held on me. Her arms wrapped around my neck and I can feel her soft breathing on my ear. I dropped her down outside her apartment.

“Goodnight, Myungsoo.” She said as we both stood near each other.

“Night.”

I did not turn or move away. I kept looking into her eyes. Neither of us moved away though we said our goodbyes already. Our eyes were locked in each other and for a moment there, I knew my heart was palpitating faster by the second. I stepped closer and waited for her to distance herself away from me but no, she just stood there. I lowered my head down and inched closer. I can feel her breathing against my face. I stopped a few centimeters away from her, waiting for her to push me away. Instead, she closed her eyes. She knew what’s coming. I kissed her gently on the lips as I held her back with my hand. It lingered. After a while, I pulled off as I kissed her cheek before pulling myself away completely. It was unexpected but at least, I have showed her what I felt. I considered this as our first because this time, my feelings are sincere. Not just for a night fling. I am inlove with her.

I placed her hand on my beating chest and searched her eyes. “I love you, Sue Ji.”

I waited for her response until she took her hand and used it to cover her face. Her sniffs told me she was crying. I backed away. I never wanted her tears to fall because of me. I am a complete idiot.

“I—I’m sorry.” I uttered as I watched her cry. After a while, she looked up, wiping her own tears.

“No..” Her voice quavered. She pulled me closer to her and hugged me tight.

“I love you too.. oppa. I know I have ever since. I am just happy to know that we share the same feelings.” She said with her utmost sincerity. I was stunned for a while before I hugged her back. The best thing in life is to be loved by someone you love, they say and I can tell they’re no lies.