Six Feet Below The Ground

I Stay Inlove With You

Myungsoo's POV

I stood over mom's casket as she was about to be buried. We all gathered around her, Sungjong, Me and Sue Ji. We cannot invite other people and there's really no other important people that mom had in her lifetime but her sons. We each held white roses and each of us spoke dearly of her and how good my mom was when she was here. I actually tried to call Sungyeol after the explosion. I'm pretty sure he wasn't there when the mansion was burned because his phone rang when I called and he's someone who never left his phone behind. He did not answer my calls though. I'm too busy and occupied right now to look for him but I really wish my bestfriend's here with me. Though he was not keeping in touch, I left him a voicemail.

"Sungyeol, where are you? If you can, can you please come to the cemetery tomorrow afternoon? It will be my mom's funeral and I want you to come. And I just have a lot to talk to you. In case you were wondering, I am responsible to what happened to Jungryeol, his mansion and the others. See you"

He did not return any of my calls. I was hoping he will show up but funeral ended with no one but us three and the priest I paid for to do the ceremony.

After the funeral, we found our way to Sungjeong's house which is my home now.

"Hyung, go ahead and sleep. You can use your room. Mom maintained your room because she was waiting everyday for you to come back" Sungjong's tears welled up but did not fall. He really manned up.

"Your room's next to mine." He added. I went upstairs and Sue Ji came along with me. As I entered the room, I almost had a breakdown as I saw all the baby pictures mom kept hanging on the wall. And there were messages on stick on notes on the wall where she talked to me and I read every single one of them.

"Hello son, it's your 12th birthday today. I baked you a cake and some food that I'm not sure if you like but anyway, we celebrated your birthday here. You'll be a teenager next year and I really wish I can see you real soon. Love, Mom"

"It's Sungjong's first day of school today. I hope you are in school too. Don't forget to eat on time and always take care of yourself. I really miss you son. I miss you very much. Love, Mom"

It was some of mom's messages than broke me. She really loved me and all along I thought I was never loved by my mother but here it is, after all those years I yearned for a mother's love, I found it finally and had it for a few minutes before she was dead. I cried helplessly. I hit my chest thinking the pain would go away if I hurt myself physically. It did not. How can this all be tailor made to hurt me? Sue Ji cried with me and hugged me the whole time. We were both on the matted floor as she hushed me. And after a while, my tears dried up and fell into a deep sleep on Sue Ji's arms. 

---------------------------------------

I woke up and was startled to see it's all dark in the room. It must be already late. I got up and looked for the switch to turn on the lights. What I saw shocked me. The matted floor was soaked in blood and I can't find Sue Ji anywhere. I went out of the room and called for her and I woke Sungjong up. We both looked for her everywhere and she was nowhere to be found. When will all this kidnapping and killing stop? I was afraid to think that she might be dead. She can't be and I have to save her. There's only one man who I know will do this. Minwoo.