Obligations

I Stay Inlove With You

Chapter 6 – Obligations

They ate the food they both made. Pizza. It was getting late, actually but neither of them cared to look at the time. Sue Ji herself can’t afford to make Myungsoo go now that she’s getting the hang of it. Last night, he came exactly when she wished someone would save her. Someone who’d take her away from her current life. Someone who’ll stick to her till the end. Destiny. She wanted to meet her destiny that night and Myungsoo showed up.

Myungsoo was the one who distracted her away from reality and he even seemed more real. He doesn’t talk much at first but now, they talk for tons though they just met. She’s enjoying his company. A lot.

After washing the dishes and splashing water to each other, they both went upstairs and went out the balcony. They stood by the railings and Sue Ji was ever than pleased to see millions of stars. She beamed at the sight of them and looked across the sky.

“You do love them, don’t you?” Myungsoo asked as he silently watched her.

She nodded.

“They’re beautiful..”

“Like you..”

Her eyebrow raised and she faced him.

“What?” Myungsoo asked.

“What did you just say?”

“Uhh.. I said they like you too. Why?”

He lied and scratched his head. That was awkward. But that was true. She’s more worth looking than those stars above.

“Myung. Look at that.” Sue Ji pointed the biggest shining star just above them. Myungsoo looked up and saw it.

“That’s a wishing star.” She said.

“How’d you know?”

“Because she never failed granting my wishes..”

“Really? Like what?”

“Like when I wished for someone to talk to that night. And you came..”

Myungsoo turned to her and smiled.

“You did?”

“Yeah. So you’re a gift from Cassie.”

“Cool. You even named her.” He looked up again.

He didn’t think about going home again. He can just stay here forever and not worry about other things. Bigger things. Then something interrupted his thoughts.

“Excuse me.” He excused his self and went inside to take the call.

“Hello?”

“Myungsoo. Where are you?” Sungyeol spoke from the other line.

He sighed. Not now. “Somewhere..”

“You need to be back as soon as possible.”

“But—“

“Now! Before Jungryul starts hunting you down..”

His teeth gritted at the sound of Jungryul’s name. Hehung up and went outside.

He didn’t want to go. But if he keeps on being stubborn, Jungryul might really track him and worse, he might even harm Sue Ji. He patted her and she looked away from the stars.

“Sue Ji-ah”

“Hmm?” She said sweetly.

“I need to go..”

“Oh..” Her face fell.

“Don’t worry. I’ll drop by when I have time.” He said and pinched her cheek gently. She forced a smile.

“Here. Give me your number.” He handed his phone and she punched her number in. After that, he went out and waved.

“I’ll see you soon. Take care..”

She just nodded and waved back weakly.