Can't Be

I Stay Inlove With You

 

Chapter 23 - Can't Be

I need to update Mr. Kubayashi about the business I proposed to him some months ago so I back here in Japan. It was nice meeting him. A very comforting and humorous Japanese smuggler. We had a nice dinner and had some sushi and tofu. I was planning to bring Sue Ji with me the next time. Just to unwind and enjoy ourselves.

My cellphone’s dead and I forgot to bring my charger. Great. I have been missing my girlfriend for three days already and haven’t called her still. But no worries, I am on my way back home. I just hope this flight would take less than usual. I closed my eyes as I hugged the Hello Kitty stuffed toy I bought her from the little souvenier shop I passed by in the airport. This is something to make up for all my absences and such.

I arrived at Incheon 6:30 in the evening and I hurriedly took my things with me to come over her apartment.

I pulled over as I hugged Kitty with one arm. I rang the doorbell for several times but no one came to open the gate for me. So I needed to climb over the wall.

All I saw was nothing inside. An empty and dark apartment with nothing and no one. I didn’t see her plants outside either. I can’t understand. Did I go to the wrong place? I am sure this is her apartment. I can’t be wrong. I climbed over the wall again and went outside. Just then I saw some paper pasted on the higher part of the gate.

APARTMENT FOR RENT

She moved without telling me? My heart palpitated faster by the second and it didn’t give me joy. It pained me instead. It’s get stronger that it’s making me hard to breathe. Just then, I remembered something. Silly me. She might have called. My phone’s been dead for the past three days and she might have looked for me. It gave me hope though I was still bothered. I drove as fast as I could to get home and when I did, I immediately looked for my charger. I waited for a few minutes before turning my phone on.