Friends

I Stay Inlove With You

 

Chapter 56 - Friends

Since I’m taking Jooyeon as my date, I needed to pick her up. She gave her address. But of course, it’s not her father’s real hide-out. I came ten minutes early than expected. Her house was impressive. Pretty huge. There’s this woman who claims to be her mother and a middle-aged man who happens to be her ‘dad’. K fine. Nice cover-up.

I sat on the couch and waited for her. I studied the place for a while. No weird things around. Just normal. A lot of pictures were hanged on the wall. Jooyeon’s baby pictures with her ‘parents’ on the center table. Photoshop it is.

“Myungsoo..”

I looked up and saw her descending the stairs in her blue cocktail dress. Her make-up made her look stunning. She really is pretty. I wasn’t dressed-up much. Slocks, white pulled-up sleeves and my pushed back hair. I stood up and greeted her.

“You look pretty.” I whispered. She smiled.

“You look pretty impressing too, Mr. Kim.”

--

We entered the reception of the party. We’re a little late since a lot of people are in the place now. Sungyeol came here early. With his date. Sue Ji. I knew it was coming but I’d rather not care. I’m not even planning to look for her.

I found an empty table where I brought Jooyeon. We walked side by side with her clinging on my arms. Somehow, I wish Sue Ji would see us. And I want to see her jealous. But I think she’ll never be jealous.

“Are you two on a date?” Sungjong barged in unexpectantly.

“Sunjong-ah. I’m glad you came..” Jooyeon said as he pulled Sungjong to sit beside her. After the talk I had with Sungjong, he didn’t go to school yet.

He waved at me and smiled. “Hi hyung!”

“You missed a lot in school.” I said.

“I know but I’ll cope up fast.” He laughed.

I still don’t understand why he needed to be absent from school.

“Hey! I missed you guys!” Suddenly Amber, sat with us. We haven’t seen her for three days too.

“Yah.. Why are you two invisible for the past week?” Jooyeon pouted.

Amber explained about her dad coming home from the States and her project. While Jooyeon and Amber are busy talking..

“Hyung. My mom is looking for you..” Sungjong whispered.

“What? Why?” I was surprised.

“I don’t know.” He shrugged. “Can you pay her a visit next time?”

I was confused. A lot. But when it comes to Sungjong, I can’t think of saying no.

“Sure.”