Heartstrings

I Stay Inlove With You

Chapter 11 – Heartstrings

Myungsoo’s POV

I woke up the next morning and immediately went downstairs to look for her. The breakfast was served yet she’s not in the kitchen. I went outside and spotted her watering her plants.

“Hey.” I said as I crouched next to her as she delicately sprinkled water on some white roses which was impressively grown well.

“Good morning.” She greeted me blissfully, not taking her eyes off the flower.

“It was so hard nurturing this kind of flower. I didn’t know what to do with it at first. It always withers.” She said, watering the soil inside the pot. I watched her silently.

“But look now, it grew beautiful. Right?”

“Yeah. It’s pretty.”

She stood up as I did too. I looked around and examined the other kind of plants. They all grew healthy and was obviously taken care of. I didn’t have this thing for these but because of her, I’m getting into stuffs that doesn’t suit me. I chuckled at myself at how I am easily affected by some girl when I thought I’m hard and cold as everyone does. As I was into deep thoughts, I suddenly felt my back wet and cold. I turned around and saw her watering me with the water hose. I touched my wet back and looked at her. She stuck her tongue out and squelched me some more. I had no choice but to chase her and take the hose from her. She giggled as I took hold of her waist from the back and started splashing water on her head.

“Getting away from me?!” I laughed as I sprayed some more on her.

“Stop it.” She giggled.

“You started this.”

She laughed continuously then pushed me away. I still held the waterhose and she aimed to get it from me. The chase went on. Water sprinkled everywhere. The place was filled with laughter. She grabbed part of the hose but I grasped onto it. I pulled it with much force that I fell on the ground with her, landing on top of me. We both laughed till we realized where we got ourselves into. Her face was a few inches away from mine. The noise fell on silence as we both locked our eyes in each other. My heartbeat is getting louder by the second and I was afraid she could hear it.

I broke the moment as I cleared my throat and sat up. I pushed her slightly and she pulled herself away. From a moment there, I knew I wanted it but the fact that I am highly dangerous is holding me back.

“Breakfast is ready. Y-you can eat first. I uhh.. I’m-- I’m going to take a shower.” She stammered as she briskly walked inside. I just watched her. I know she was getting conscious and I may be offended her in some way. I am a er. I sighed before I decided to get up and walk inside as well.

I ate the food slowly that it took five minutes for me before swallowing every bite. I feel bad and uneasy. I waited for her to come down but it took her long before she could. She came just in time that I finished my food. She wore ordinary clothes. A tee and some gray shorts and still, she looked fabulous in it. She sat across me but avoided my gaze. I know she’s embarrassed but I think, I’m the one who should feel that.

“Sue Ji..” I called her.

“Hmm?” She said while stuffing with all the food she can get, preventing herself from speaking. I didn't know what to say. I haven't even planned on something to say and yet here, I called her. Seesh. Babo.

“I—I’m going to go. Take a bath.” I said.

She nodded, still not looking at me. I just excused myself and went to the bathroom. Just to think of what I might say later.