Scaredy Cat

I Stay Inlove With You

 

Chapter 34 - Scaredy Cat

We had a few beers as we got deep in our conversation. Actually, Krystal is an interesting girl. She really is. She knows how to get the conversation on without getting me bored. Soon enough, we both went out of the mansion because she asked me to tour her around.

“I told you, nothing much is out here. Just the usual things.”

“But I like your place a lot.” She said gleefully with her feet in the pool. I just stood behind her.

“So Myungsoo, have you ever had a girlfriend?” She asked me out of the blue.

“What?”

“You don’t need to pretend that you didn’t hear what I just said.”

I was thinking if I’d tell her or not. If I do, she’d be the first one to know. A stranger? Am I stupid?

“I don’t know.” I said as I sat beside her.

“How you didn’t know? Silly.” She laughed and splashed water on my face.

“Hey! It’s cold.” I said shaking a little.

“It’s okay if you don’t want to tell me. But it’s obvious anyway. You’re drop-dead gorgeous. You can’t be single since birth.”

We were in the middle of our discussions when it started to rain. She stood up and ran while laughing and I followed behind. We were far from any sheds so were wet and doomed. That’s when I remember the little stockroom near us so I dragged her to the place.

We went inside the dark, small, space.

“I forgot about the rain that’s coming, I’m sorry.” She said while shaking really bad.

“You’re freezing.” I took off my leather jacket and put it on her leaving me with my black wife-beater.

“Thank you.” She said still shaking. I was cold of course but I have high tolerance so I can take it till later.

I was about to reach for my phone and call Sungyeol when I remember that I left it in my room. Great. We both sat on the dirty floor, squeezing through the little space that will give us shade.

“Thanks Myung.”

“No problem.”

A thunder struck that made her shriek and hug me. I laughed.

“Scaredy cat.”

She lifted her head up and gazed into my eyes deeply. She can’t be serious. She inched closer and held the back of my head, pushing it towards her. 

She stopped an inch away, with her eyes closed. I tried to move away but she held me tight and forced her lips against mine.