That Awkward Moment

I Stay Inlove With You

 

Chapter 52 - That Awkward Moment

The following day was like just normal. Sungyeol talked to me like nothing happened. I chose not to bring up what happened last night though I’m hell as curious what happened to him. As it was Tuesday, my schedule is different. We have that MWF, TTH pattern. My subject for today is, Foreign Studies.

I was pretty early so I was the first one to arrive. I had a trauma of yesterday. I don’t want to be put into shame again. Since the room is not yet open, I waited outside. I leant my back against the wall, beside the door. For a while, I felt stressed so I decided to close my eyes and pause for a moment. Just then, I heard footsteps approaching. It was her. She offered me a small smile. I didn’t know what to do so I just gave her an eye signal for a greeting. I convinced myself not to be distracted by her last night but I can’t help it. I wanted to make up with her that bad.

She stood two meters away from me with her books clutched against her chest. I suddenly had a brain storm of how could I bring up a topic.

“Uh. Sue Ji.”

“Hmm?”

My throat went dry. Babo. I didn’t have anything to say yet.

“Uh. I—I saw in our pointers in Chemistry that our lesson tomorrow will be about Bomb Calorimeter. I don’t have an idea where to get some notes to study for it. Since.. Since we’re lab partners, do you mind letting me borrow your notes if you have?”

She smiled. She probably knew I was just bringing up a topic to get rid of the awkward atmosphere. She then dug through her bag then after a minute, handed me out some papers.

Instead of taking her notes, I took her wrist. She was stunned as her eyes landed on me. I held on it like how I used to. I stared at her.

“Thank you.” I whispered and smiled. I didn’t plan to end it but I have no other choice. Someone’s coming our way.