Hopeless

I Stay Inlove With You

 

Chapter 62 - Hopeless

After a week..

“How are you doing here?” Jungryul said as his hands clasped on his office table. He didn’t look good. I bet he took less stress pills while he was away. His eyebags were heavy and dark circles formed under his eyes.

“Doing good. We’re close to the subject.” I told him. He just arrived yesterday and tonight he called me to his office without asking for Sungyeol.

“Prepare for tomorrow, I want you to finish her off.” He said in a monotonous tone. I gulped hard and my heart palpitated faster by the second.

He looked at me and I know he knew what was going in my mind. I’m not sure if I can do it to Jooyeon.

“You getting too close, Myungsoo. Haven’t I warned you about attachments?”

A sweat drop ran down my right cheek. He smirked as he looked away.

“I’m not going to argue with you anymore. Do your job neatly and as clean as it can be. If you satisfied me, then I’ll let you meet your mother.”

“Yes you heard right. You’re going to see your mom if you succeeded. Take it or leave it.” He said after a long silence from me.

“My mom..” I unconsciously repeated. I suddenly felt hot tears racing to get out of my eyes. All these time, I thought I didn’t care but the truth was, I needed to know who my mother is. Did I look like her? Because I don’t have any shared gene in terms of physical appearance with Jungryul.

“Do you know where she lives?” I asked a little demandingly.

He smirked. “Until tomorrow, Myungsoo.”

“And if I failed?”

“Then you might not see her for the rest of your life, if you know what I mean. Now go along..”

I knew what he meant. I need to save my mother before it’s too late. Jungryul is a mad idiot though he was my father, I still can’t trust him. I wanted to insist but I’m too dumb at the moment. I walked out with so many thoughts in my mind. And with no hesitation, I made up my mind. I’m going to see my mom and if it takes a life, I don’t care.

I went inside my room and immediately looked for my sniper. I admit that a little voice inside of me is saying that I shouldn’t be killing Jooyeon but choosing between her and my mom, aren’t my priorities obvious?

After practicing in our shooting area, I received a call from Sue Ji.

“Hm?” I tried to sound normal.

“I just went home from Jooyeon’s.” She said excitedly.

The name made a shiver run down my spine.

“Uhh—“

“Anyway, I need to study for Chemistry. You study too, okay?”

“Yeah.”

“I love you..”

“Love you too. Uh—Sue Ji.”

“Hmm?” She responded before she hung up.

“How much do you love me?” I asked in an uncertain tone. She laughed.

“If you can count all the stars in the galaxy right this second, I have to stop loving you.. And if you can’t then you’ll have to suffer my love for eternity.”

She left me stunned. How can I let her give her love for a murderer?

“I can’t count them.” I baffled.

“That’s what I thought. Goodnight Myungsoo. I love you.”

 

I'm sorry for the late update. ;___; Im so busy. But thank you for those who waited for me. ^^