Back again

I Stay Inlove With You

 

Chapter 7 - Back again

Myungsoo’s POV

The pain in my body slowly crept up as I walked away from her. And I had this unexplainable feeling again but this time, it just hurt.

 Jungryul did it mercilessly like I’ve been the worst pain his . His brain works in different conditions and is certainly unstable. I knew the pressure he’s having from losing two of his best people during that battle. The least that I could have done is to help him all the way. And I didn’t. I wanted to obey him that time when he told me to blow someone’s head. But I didn’t. My conscience is holding me back.I still want to have something good left in me though I’m sure it’ll not be for long.

I am a skillful gunman and I know exactly where to shoot my gun at someone’s vulnerable spot that will leave them lifeless in a minute. I am an expert at that which is why I also know where to fire my pistol that will eventually let them survive. Which I oftenly do.

I got him dismayed that much. So much so that he wanted to take life out of me. They left me in his dark basement nearly crippled. I have high tolerance for pain that I regained strength to take myself in my room to be healed. I stayed there for two days, not taking in anything. I know for sure Sungyeol is prohibited from coming near me. Jungryul is just a jealous brat.

I climbed up the tree near my room and went inside through the window. I spotted Sungyeol on my bed, probably waiting for me.

“Tch. What took you so long?”

“Just fresh air.”

“For 18 hours?”

I grinned at him and lied on the carpeted floor.

“Oh don’t you dare use that face. Where have you been?”

“Secret.”

He then threw a stack of pillows on my face, starting a pillow fight between us two. Though we are known tough and highly dangerous, I admit that we still have this childish side where we still find time to play with each other. Lee Sungyeol, the closest person to me. He was abandoned just like I was. It was my 5th birthday when we saw him. He was outside Jungryul’s perimeter and it was strictly prohibited to come near his territory. The guards took hold of him on that cold winter night and he was thrown in front of Jungryul, clothes tattered and stomach rumbling. Jungryul cracked his gun and aimed it right at his face. I can’t take to see him dead and it was my birthday. I can’t afford to remember it as someone’s death anniversary. So I blocked Jungryul.

“What are you doing you dimwit?!” Jungryul growled.

“S-stop.”

“Get out of my way!!”

“Spare him. He’ll be the best birthday gift. I won’t ask for more..”

“NO!”

“But he can be useful in the future..”

That made him think. So they made Sungyeol undergo some screen tests and found out that he’s irrevocably intelligent for a seven year old. He’ll be of great use someday so Jungryul spared him. And now, Yeol is one of his trusted council. Not only that, Sungyeol served as my brother. The only family I could call.

A knock on the door came when we were still in the midst of our pillow fight. We both dropped it and I opened the door. It was Dongwoo.

“You two need to be by Jungryul’s office at 6 in the morning tomorrow. He needs to talk to you.” His cold stare fell on me. I know Dongwoo hated me ever since. I was still Jungryul’s right hand though I never had killed a single life while he, he killed tons. Hundreds. And yet he’s just a commoner here. I know he envied me much.

“Thanks.” I said.

He glared and shook his head and started walking away.

“That bastard.”Sungyeol mumbled as I closed the door.“Why don’t you just show him what you can do?!”

“You know I can’t.” I said, returning the pillows to its places. Sungyeol sighed.

“See you tomorrow dude.” He said as he exited my room. I nodded as he left.