Revelations

I Stay Inlove With You

 

Chapter 28 - Revelations

What did he say? I’m his son? But he said he just saw me on his doorstep and looked for someone to raise me because he wanted to made use of me.

“You look confused, Myungsoo.”

“I don’t understand. How can you be my father?”

He walked around me.

“I had a one night stand with Hyejin. Someone I met in the club when I was with my good friend, Yonghwan. She was nice and really pretty so yeah. I dated her for the next five months when I found out she already have a family. Her husband was working in Europe thus giving her freedom and all that. I got mad. She didn’t show up until after 8 months. She was already conceiving you. She can’t keep you because her husband might know and it will cause trouble. I hesitated a little but because I still loved her, I can’t refuse. So we waited for her to give birth to you and when she did, I took you with me.”

He narrated it casually like it was nothing but it was my life.

“But why didn’t you tell me?”

“I want you to grow up maturely without depending on me because I am your father.”

“Are you kidding me? What’s with all these?” I hope he’d take them all back. All the more reason that I’d be stuck in this Mafia thing. And I kind of hated him ever since. Now knowing that he’s my father, I don’t know what to feel.

“Why would I? With all your failures in all these years, did you think I’d keep you alive if you’re not my son? Do you think you’d be my right hand if you’re just some commoner? A lot of there is better than you so why would I waste my energy scolding you everytime you fail? It’s because you are my son, Myungsoo.”

“Why are you telling me all these, just now?”

“You still have the right to know and you’re in the right age so why not? Are you not happy?” He chuckled.

I wanted to say ‘ No. I don’t want you to be my freaking dad. I’m fine as an orphan. Just be it.’

“Of course, I am sir.”

He stood up and went for the door.

“Sir? Are we going tell this to everyone?”

If he does love me as his son, which I doubt, he’d be proud to tell this to everyone. He stopped on his tracks and remained quiet for a moment.

“Of course. Why should I be bothered to tell everyone that you’re my son?”