Heartbeats

I Stay Inlove With You

Chapter 5 - Heartbeats

 

We entered this small apartment but nicely decorated and impressively clean. It was painted white and pink. It was obviously her place.

“Come in.” She invited me in as she opened the gate. Neither of us released each other’s hand till we both landed on the couch inside.

“You go there and take a bath. We’ll cure your wounds after that.”

She instructed me as she pointed some door near the kitchen. Bathroom. I obediently did. Never did anyone ordered me to do something for my own sake. It touched my heart though it’s not a big deal. I figured out that I’m not that cold as anyone would think when they see me.

After I was done bathing myself and changing into the clothes she bought me, I went out. I saw her preparing some bandages, liniments, gauze and first-aid materials on the center table. She obviously had just done taking a bath either.

“Come..” She said as she patted the couch for me to sit upon it. I did and faced her.

“Okay. Now, hold yourself. This will just sting a little..” She held my chin gently and pressed the cotton soaked in wound ointment on my cuts. It did sting.. a lot.

“Ow!” I cringed as I involuntarily pushed her hand away. She laughed.

“Don’t be a crybaby. C’mon. Hold still.” She held my chin again and pressed the cotton on my cuts. I flinched but I controlled myself from moving. She smiled.

“Good boy.” She bandaged my arm and finished.

“Why are you doing this?” I asked her while she arranged everything back to order.

“What did I do?”

“You know, taking care of me though I’m a complete stranger who took advantage of you..” My voice fainted. I expected her to be offended by what I said but she just laughed it off.

“You’re not a complete stranger, right? You said it yourself and have you forgotten we’re friends already? And Myungsoo..” She paused and faced me. The sound of my name from her lips sent shivers down my spine, making my heartbeat race again.

“—You didn’t take advantage of me. You could have, you had the chance and yet you controlled yourself. Something not everyone can do. You chose to protect me in my vulnerable state and even took responsibility of your acts. You could’ve run away but you waited till you can explain things to me. Now, that was a good act. You’re a good person, Myung. I admit I don’t like interacting with strangers but you, you’re different.”

Those were the best things I’ve ever heard in my life. Something I never imagine that someone would tell me.

“Thank you..”

She laughed again.

“Enough with the drama there. Okay? Do you want to rest? I’ll make supper while you sleep..”

I smiled.

“No, let me help you.”