Kidnapped

I Stay Inlove With You

 

Chapter 55 - Kidnapped

After fighting with Sue Ji and hanging with Jooyeon, I decided to pay Sungjong a visit. I pressed the doorbell and the door was opened immediately by him. He seemed surprise when he saw me.

“H-hyung.. What—Uh. What are you doing here?” He asked with a shaky voice.

“I came to visit you. I was just wondering why you were absent. I thought maybe, it was because of the incident. Are you ok?”

“Uhh. Y-yeah.” He stammered.

“You’re not okay. You can always tell me if anything’s wrong.”

I felt like Sungjong is one person that is really attached to me. It’s been just days and it feels like I’ve known him forever that I care so much. And I do not know why.

He sighed heavily. I really don’t know but it makes me uncomfortable to see him like that. He finally opened the door for me and I went in.

“Mom must have told you about me being unfriendly.” He started as we both sat in the couch.

“Yes.”

“Well, as you can see, I’m Mr. Famous in school.” He said, chuckling. I nodded.

“Mom was depressed ever since my older brother was kidnapped when he was a baby. They spent their lives looking for him but they never did find him. My dad thought she’d be okay after giving birth to me but no.” Sungjong shared and I can see he’s teary-eyed. I feel down, listening to him.

“All my life, I’ve been trying to please my mother but she was always looking for hyung. I was always beside her, taking care of her when she’ll wake up in the middle of the night crying. I sometimes wish I was the one who got kidnapped. Then maybe, she will be less sad..” He said as he smiled faintly.

“Sungjong.. I don’t think she’ll be happier if you were gone.”

He smiled at me though I know it was a painful one.

“I used to have a lot of friends in middle school and I bring them along often. Once, I organized a group study at home at a wrong time. Mom had nightmares of my hyung and she mourned like crazy. She was yelling hyung’s name and I had no control. The next day, I went to school, confused why everyone’s ignoring me and getting rid of me.. Even my closest friends..”

“Why? What happened?”

“My friends gossiped about mom being a demon, a monster who worships the evil after hearing her on the loose. She was just grieving. I don’t know why it came to the point that they’d think she’s a demon.” Sungjong gave in. He cried, breathlessly. I felt a pinch of pain in my heart as I watch him cry.

“So ever since then, I stopped trusting so easy on people..” He continued.

“Then.. Then why are you telling me all these?”

He shrugged.

“I don’t know. I just feel I could trust you. I never felt so comfortable with someone I just met hyung.”