Masterplan

I Stay Inlove With You

 

Chapter 39 - Masterplan

We both sat on the couch across Jungryul’s office. It’s obvious Jungryul still had hang-over. I wonder how many girls he hooked up with last night. It’s just funny how it didn’t matter to me. There was a long silence before he spoke up. His fists clenched as he pounded it on his table.

“That bastard!” He yelled in anger. I was surprised.

“Why? What happened?”

“The drugs that we’re trying to get in California was detected by FBI. And now Mr. Smith, one of our top investor and partner is being sued. And I know Lee Minwoo was the one who got us busted. .”

Oh. That is bad. Really bad.

“What do you want us to do?” Sungyeol asked him.

“I’m going to California and help out Mr. Smith while you two, I need you to spy someone.”

“Who is that?” We asked in unison.

“Lee Jooyeon. Minwoo’s daughter.” I looked at Sungyeol as he nodded.

“Don’t kill her yet unless I give you a signal. Myungsoo, you’re in charge of her and Sungyeol will be your back-up. You two will go in the university where she’s in. Seoul University. After I give you the permission to kill her, we’ll all crash Minwoo’s territory and ruin them while he’s still grieving over his daughter’s death.” Jungryul said.

I had a bad feeling about the plan. I don’t know why.

“When do we start?” I asked.

“Next week is the start of the first semester. By then, you’ll be enrolled there. You need to live normally and I want you two to pretend that you don’t know each other. Let Jinki and Key arrange your papers while you two prepare.”

He opened his drawer and pulled out a folder. He handed it to us.

“That is Jooyeon’s identity file. Study that. That is all you need to know about her.”

After a few more discussions of plans, we were dismissed.