I Stay Inlove With You

I Stay Inlove With You

 

Chapter 58 - I Stay Inlove With You

I pulled away and grabbed her by the wrist. I dragged her out of the function hall and I brought her to the roof top. I thought she will try escaping but she just let herself be dragged by me. As soon as we got there, I let go of her.

“What happened to us, Sue Ji?”

She didn’t answer and turned her back on me.

“I didn’t understand why. You left me without telling me what’s wrong. What did I do?!”

She still didn’t answer or looked back. I held her arms and made her turn around. That’s when I saw tears flowing from her eyes.

“I’m sorry.. I’m really sorry.” She cried. She seems like a helpless kid, breathless.

“Did you know about me being in a Mafia group?” I took the risk telling her. She’ll know it sooner, anyway.

She cried more of what I said and nodded her head slowly. I took my hands off her and ran my fingers through my hair. That’s when I felt hot tears flowing down my cheeks.

“That explains it..” I said in a shaky voice. “I’m sorry I dragged you in my messed up life. I know I shouldn’t but I can’t help it. Sue Ji, you’re the only one who made my life worth living.”

I poured out more until it was difficult for me to breathe. I faced her and looked in her eyes.

“It hurts me to know you see me as a killer. A ruthless man.” I paused to breathe. “Sue Ji, you taught me how to love, how to laugh, how to live, how to breathe, how to be a person. I love you my whole life and it’s true. I want to spend my life with you..” My voice cracked.

“But let’s face it, right? This is reality. We.. We can’t be together. To protect you, I have to leave you. You’re right, we’re better off this way..” I hugged her and kissed her forehead. This will be the last time. I pulled away and started to walk when she pulled my wrist.

“Two years ago, I made the biggest mistake of my life.. I left the only person who made my heart beat, who made me smile for no apparent reason, who gives my joy that nothing and no one can give.” She started to speak up making me stun.

“You might be in that group because of a reason. I don’t really care now. All I know is that, I love you and I can’t go on for another thousand years without you. Kim Myungsoo, I want you back.”

She walked up to me, wrapped her arms around my neck. She kissed me. I was too surprised to kiss her back but eventually, I did. It became passionate, I want her that bad. I don’t want to let go of you now or ever, Sue Ji. I’ll find a way to quit Mafia. Even it takes me to forget about my dad, I will.