Ghost Sungyeol

I Stay Inlove With You

Chapter 14 - Ghost Sungyeol

I woke up after a long time, still in the same room. I sat up and yawned as I searched my eyes around the dark area. Everything was off except for the aircondition that cooled the place. Sungyeol wasn’t there anymore. He usually let me be wherever I chose to sleep. He doesn’t want to disturb me. I went out and saw our ahjumma, in her usual maid uniform. She has been working for us ever since I came into this world. Jungryul first hired her when he needed someone to take care of me back thenbut stopped watching over me when I started running around. Jungryul told her I’m not a baby anymore so she treated me different ever since then.

“Sir Myungsoo.”

She bowed before me. I nodded.

“Have you seen Sungyeol, ahjumma?”

“I’m sorry but no, sir.”

“Oh well. Thank you.”
 

I said as I walked pass her. I went straight to my room and fell on the comfy bed. I then reached my phone from my bedside table and scrolled down the contacts till the highlight hovered on Sue Ji’s number.

I called her as I stood up and went near my window to see the stars outside. After a few rounds of ringing, she picked it up.

“Yoboseyo?”

Her gentle sweet voice said. I smiled.

“What’s up?”

There was a long pause before she talked back.

“Myungsoo.” She chuckled as her voice suddenly went deep and strong. “It gets boring here. Really.”

I know she’s still into that rebellion agenda and I can’t understand fully of it but I don’t want to ask her. I can feel it’s something she’s not supposed to spill out and I can respect that.

“You’re probably missing me much.” I said as I searched across the sky. I knew she’d bash me because of this but I am having fun listening to her reactions. It makes me laugh and I don’t know why.

“Ego again? Hmm? Hahahaha! It gives me creeps, mister. Stop it.”

I grinned as the night breeze blew against my face.

“What?” I chuckled. “I admit I miss stargazing with you. I don’t have a nice view here. There’s this big old tree that’s blocking me from the sight.”

“Aww. What a pity. Let’s stargaze again some other time if we’re both available, shall we?”

“Yes. That would be nice.”

We talked for long before we ended it. I didn’t even realize it’s been an hour. As I closed my window, I saw some figure, walking briskly coming towards the fence. He looked like Sungyeol although all I can see was shadows. I know Sungyeol very well and I’m sure it was him. How weird. It’s almost midnight and we don’t have any duties outside. I closed my window and brought a gun with me. My instincts are strong and it’s bothering me and I won’t be at ease if I didn’t do something about it. Just when I was about to go out my room, Sungyeol budged in.

“Where are you going, sleeping beauty?”

My jaw dropped and I stopped right there. Who was that I just saw?

“Uhh..” I said as I gestured my finger to my window, trying to tell him I just saw him outside. His eyebrow cocked, he was confused.

“What?” He asked. I glanced over my window and back at him again. I shrugged my shoulders convincing myself that I was just hallucinating.

“Nothing. Where were you?”

“I was in my room. I broke my psp.” He pouted as he scratched his head. “Help me out, will you?”

I nodded blankly.