Start of Something new 002

I Stay Inlove With You

 

Chapter 4 – Start of Something New 002

She dragged me across the town, in restaurants and some surplus shops. I never expected her to be, well, that loaded. She even paid for our stay in the motel. I know I shouldn’t have let her because I was the one who brought us there. But what can I do? I was being a the other night that I forgot to bring my cash with me. Here I am, letting a girl pay for all my needs. What a loser.

After she bought some decent clothes compared to what I’m wearing now that is all tattered, we walked into some fast food resto and she ordered tons. There’s no denying that I’m freakin’ starving. Just one look at the food, makes my mouth water. I never knew the importance of food until now. I usually skip meals but not to the extent of missing seven for over than two days. Though I wanted to dig the food, I made sure that I still had my table manners. I was taught how to be a pro while dining since we often meet with important businessmen from across the world. Having a scavenger around while you eat is not nice, right?

She watched me as I slowly eat my food. I knew she was impressed of how I acted. I can see that she too was trained to proper etiquettes just that, she’s forcibly making herself gobble everything in a minute. One of the rebellion agendas, I think? I didn’t say anything though. I enjoyed every minute watching her.

As soon as we finished it all off, we both went out and walked down the streets. We we’re both quiet until she broke the silence with a question I’m obliged not to answer.

“Where are you from, anyway?” She asked innocently.

I remained silent, of course. I wouldn’t want to tell her that I’m a gunman from the top Mafia group in Asia. That’s too harsh for her to handle.

“Can’t be said, I see.”

I just smiled awkwardly which I know showed a twitchy one.

“How about you? Where are you from?”

“Secret.” She said while playing her fingers along the string of some paper bag she’s holding. I nodded. It won’t bother me anyway.

We talked about other random things while on our way to who knows where. She told me about her being the class top student in highschool. It was expected. She’s witty even just sharing something ordinary. She knows how to make someone understand her and be fond of her. My attention which was usually out of nowhere was now slowly drawn to her, alone. She also shares her favorite colors. About how she’s attracted to color white and pink. It symbolizes purity and innocence and pink for happiness.I think she likes them because it describes her a lot. And one thing was about stars. She said they were her close friends, she often talks to them. I laughed at her. I mean, there’s no life in it.

“How do you know they like it when you treat them as friends?” I asked her.

“Everyone likes to be called friend by anyone, don’t you think?”

I shrugged. “Not really. You won’t know exactly if they’re real or not. They can be traitors.”

“Why are you saying that? Don’t you have a friend?”

“A brother.”

“It’s different. Just a friend. “ I shook my head. “No.”

“Well, from now on, you have one..”

I turned to her, an eyebrow of mine raised.

“Me..” She grinned and took my hand as she swung our arms. I don’t know why but I held her hand back, tighter and went with her. I had this weird feeling. My heart kept beating wildly making me happy and contented.