Painful Reality

I Stay Inlove With You

 

Chapter 1 – Painful Reality

Pain by death of a loved one is the worst they say. Yes, I saw a lot of them grieving over a lifeless body. All I did was to stare. I never felt pain losing someone clearly because I don’t have anyone. I was abandoned since birth. I never saw my parents, never knew who they were.

Jungryul saw me on his doorstep on a cold winter night. A thin cloth wrapped me, not giving me a single hint of warmth and a small note pinned on it.

“Please take care of him and love him as your own. Thank you.”

It said. Unfortunately, I fell on the wrong hands. What will a Mafia lord do with a baby? Of course he had thought of throwing me away but he gave me the chance to live in this cruel world. He brought me up and made use of me. He made me join his group and had me undergone everything that is needed to be learned in order to be one of them. I had so many struggles in life. I was physically and emotionally beaten up even at a young age. I was forced to use firearms and all sorts of weapons since I was three. I had one when I was five. I was always injured though I haven’t done anything wrong. I was just a big pain in his .

“Myungsoo..” Jungryul called my attention and I looked away from the girl with the black veil who cries over the casket that is buried. We are at the far end of this memorial park, watching the burial of a man I’m not familiar of.

I looked up at him waiting for him to say something.

“Lee Jooyeon, Minwoo’s daughter.”

He referred to the same girl that had caught my attention.  At the age of seven, I had a more mature mind. My way of thinking is not of a kid anymore. I already knew what he meant by that.

“Yeah?”

He rested his hands on my little shoulders and we both watched the dramatic burial.

“I want you to finish her off when needed. That is for the later part..”

I gulped hard. Though I was raised with murderers I never wanted to be responsible for anyone’s death. Jungryul felt my hesitation and gripped my shoulders hard making it so painful.

“She’s the weakest spot of my damned rival..”

I watched the man that’s towering over her. Lee Minwoo. Jungryul would often mention his name between curses.

“Am I clear?”

 I nodded obediently.