'Nostalgia'

Nerd by Day, Player by Night

 

You waved goodbye to Daseul and shut the door, walking back into the living room and faced your mum.

"Mum… Was this planned…?" You asked, giving your mum a look. But instead of taking the hint of answering you seriously, your mum merely smiled brightly and shrugged her shoulders.

"Well, I only started planning after Daseul came. I didn't even know Soohyun and her would meet. So you could say I only… half planned it," your mum smiled widely.

You shook your head and sighed. Woohyun came and hugged you from behind, resting his cheek on your temples.

"Hey hey, babe, what's wrong? At least you've gotten your friend back, right?" Woohyun comforted. You sighed through your nose and looked up at him, resting your hand on his other cheek and giving him a quick peck. "Nothing. It's just that… Did I do the right thing? Only half forgiving her?" You looked down and drew your eyebrows together slightly.

Woohyun chuckled and nuzzled his cheek against your temple. "Babe, you did good. I mean, I wouldn't have even half forgiven that . So you did good." Woohyun gave you a peck on the cheek and cradled you from behind.

Soohyun saw the heart-warming scene, but couldn't help with feeling just a little bitter towards it. *Shin Soohyun, you have to support them! ~~~~'s your one and only… friend.* Soohyun forced a convincing smile and looked at you two with a complicated expression.

 

"Daseul…-ah." Daseul heard someone called her name and turned around. The smile from being 'half-forgiven' was quickly wiped off her face and her expression froze. "S-Sungyeol…-sshi…" Daseul quickly added. She lowered her head and pursed her lips.

Sungyeol was about to say something when the rest of Infinite caught up. "Yo, Yeol! Wait, hold up. Whose this?" Sunggyu said, putting an arm around Sungyeol and giving Daseul the 'What the ' look.

"Um, hyung, can I have some time with my… friend, here?" Sungyeol lifted Sunggyu's arm off him and walked towards Daseul. "I think we've got some catching up to do," Sungyeol's voice lowered to a whisper and quietly said to Daseul. Daseul hesitantly nodded and followed Sungyeol's long stride.

"Y-yeah, sure.  Just, not even wait for me to give you an answer… Yeah… That's cool too…" Sunggyu awkwardly said, looking at the backs of his dongsaeng and Daseul.

The rest of Infinite howled in laughter. "Haha! Sunggyu-hyung got rejected~" Sungjong teased. "Aish!" Sunggyu gave Sungjong a smack on the head and walked off.

 

"So, where're you hiding your heels, make-up and mini-dresses this time?" Sungyeol asked. Ever since their breakup, Sungyeol never really fully trusted the things he heard about Daseul. That she had changed and quit hanging out with 4minute. It was true he never saw her at Inspirit anymore, but that doesn’t mean she isn't going to any other clubs.

"In my closet… But I won't be needing them anymore…" Daseul was hurt that Sungyeol was accusing her, but she knew she deserved it.

"You sure you're not hanging round other s like f(x)?" Sungyeol continued questioning his doubts. "No…"

"Gotten yourself a new boyfriend?"

"No."

"You-"

"Look! Why don't you just run a full check-up on me with a spy or something!? I know I did you wrong in the past, but you don't have to interrogate me like I'm a criminal!" Daseul snapped.

Sungyeol's eyes widened at Daseul's sudden outburst. Daseul was breathing heavily through her nose, trying to keep her anger in.

"I-" Sungyeol was at a lost for words, but the only thing he could think of to say was, "Sorry."

Daseul's anger vanished in a matter of seconds, seeing Sungyeol's apologetic. She realised her mistake too and apologised. "I-I'm sorry too… I shouldn’t have yelled at you. I guess I… I've just never really gotten used to you being… you again." Sungyeol reminisced the sweet times that he was together with Daseul and a nostalgic smile played on his lips.

Unknowingly, Daseul and Sungyeol had slowly made their way towards a treasured place in both their memories. The clothes shop where Sungyeol confessed. Looking up at the sign, it read 'Nostalgia'. *How ironic…* Daseul looked towards the same mirror that Sungyeol stood her in front of.

"Do you think…  we could ever go back…?" Sungyeol thought out loud. Daseul looked to him with soft eyes.

"Can we…?"

-------------------

I KNOW! I KNOW! I haven't updated in days T^T It's almost been a week >< I wanna slap myself too… I'M SO SORRY!!!! *bows*

I've been busy lately with family visits and preparations for something next Monday… I know they're all excuses but ><

Please forgive me? ><