It Runs in the Family

Nerd by Day, Player by Night

 

Sorry for the confusion on the previous chapter ><

A lot of people found it confusing so I've decided to change it up a bit.

I changed the last chapter a bit, so if you would like to, read it over again and un-confuse yourself.

---------------

Soohyun gave your parents an apologetic smile. *I'm sorry for lying to you guys. But ~~~~ wanted to test Woohyun out and… apparently this is a fun way to do it.*

"You see… ~~~~ slipped and fell down the stairs on her way here and well… had quite a hard hit on her head. So… other then the times she's spent at Busan, she basically doesn't remember anything from Seoul." Soohyun had to lie through his teeth to your parents. This wasn't going to leave a good impression of him on them when they find out, but for you, Soohyun was willing to do it.

Your parents turned back to you and quickly ran over to your side.

"Honey! Do you really not remember us!? It's okay! We'll make sure that you'll remember us, and everything else that happened before you went to Busan!" Your dad announced.

That night, you couldn't fall asleep in bed. You sat up and pouted. You went down to get a glass of warm milk and cookies when you heard your mum talking on the phone.

"Woohyun-ah… I'm afraid I have some bad news for you…" You heard your mum say. You gasped and hid behind the stairs. *What!? So Woohyun's been in contact with my parents? What the…* You crouched down and continued to listen in on their conversation.

"It seems like ~~~~ doesn't remember you… at all," your mother said. You snickered and laughed behind the stairs. *Woohyun must be chucking a fit right now, haha.*

"I'm afraid so… I'll help her recover her memory as soon as possible but… I think it'd be best if you met ~~~~ again… Like the first time you met each other or go on a date, doing things you've done with her before. Anything, to revive her memories." Your mum was slightly choking on her tears and sniffed slightly.

You felt bad at that moment. The prank was all fun and good but it was bringing sadness to your mum. You were thinking of telling your mum the truth when she hung up the phone and was heading upstairs to check up on you.

You gasped and quickly ran up the stairs, diving onto your bed and yanking the covers over you. You immediately shut your eyes tight and tried to even out your breathing. As soon as you heard footsteps, you knew it was your mum. You felt a side of your bed dip to one side so you assumed your mum had sat down.

You could hear your mum slightly giggle and frowned. *Wasn't she crying just a moment ago?* You thought.

Your mum leaned over and saw you frowning, giggling even more. Your mum stopped and slightly hit your hips.

"Wake up, I know you're not asleep. I've got some things to tell you. Come on, you'll want to hear this," your mum slightly tapped your hip and you turned around, pouting. "You knew I was awake?"

Your mum laughed. "Of course I did. Who am I? I'm your mum.  I know you better than anyone else. I love the both of you just as much." your mum winked. Your forehead slightly creased in confusion. *Both of me…?* You gasped and covered your mouth, looking at your mum in shock. *She knew!? But how!? What!?*

Your mum smile and nodded. "I knew the moment you came in through the door as your pretty 'friend'. You think your mum would be stupid enough to not recognise her own daughter?" You looked away.

"So, Nam ~~~~. What made you come back to being my Lee ~~~~?" Your mum asked. You looked at your hands and drew circles on your bed sheets.

"My double life got exposed… And well… yeah. Didn't really want to face everyone after that. Even my own friend turned against me…" Your eyes started to tear at the thought of Daseul and her betrayal.

"Oh honey… You should've talked to me about it before you decided to leave. I mean, I should know. I've been down that road. How can I not expect my daughter to turn out the same as me when I was just like you when I was young." You mum shook her head and sighed.

"Wait, what!? You had this double life thing going on as well!? No way! Tell me more!" You leaned in and listened, eyes glistening in anticipation to hear of your mum's double life.

"You see sweetheart, I used to be like you too. Studious and well… a geek. Till I wanted to be rebellious for once in my life. But I still didn't want to break out of my shell at school, so I decided to break out of it outside of school. At a club. Funnily enough, Inspirit was also my favourite hangout as well." Your mum winked at you again and smiled mischievously, like a child.

Your eyes widened. "Inspirit has been around for that long!? Wow~" You nodded and continued listening to the rest of the story.

"I used to hang out with a girl called G.NA and we were hottest girls around, really." Your mum looked at you and nodded. You raised an eyebrow and tried to stifle your laughter but that proved useless. You burst out laughing, just thinking about your mum being the 'hottest girl' in town.

"Hey, no laughing at your mum! Anyhow. I… eventually got more popular than G.NA and well… she kinda snapped and yeah… heaps of bad things started happening around… so I went to Gwangju for a while. See, unlike you, I didn't have a loving boyfriend by my side." Your mum reached for your nose and gave it a small pinch.

You sadly smiled back. "Yeah… But I don’t even know if he's still waiting for me. What if he's not? I mean… he was a player before this, mum."

"Yeah, and so were you. But you're still staying true to him. So I'm sure he will be too. Plus, he's been calling me weekly to check in to see if you've come back for a visit or whatever. That's how much he cares. I decided to join with that little prank you tried to pull on me today. Just because your dad was foolish enough to fall for it doesn't mean I am." Your mum gave you a little death stare before hugging you and gently your hair.

"Whatever that made you leave, you'll have to face it someday. It's better to face it with the one you love than all by yourself. I only learnt that after having a face-off with G.NA. Luckily, your dad stepped in and stopped it. Just between you and me, your dad had a double life too. Shh, don't talk to him about it. He'll ramble on about how many girls he had in his days and just… eurgh. His ego will go through the roof."

"I guess it runs in the family then," you chuckled.

You smiled in your mum's warm and loving embrace. You breathed in her perfume, the one she has used for years. *It's been so long since I've had a talk with my mum… I never realised how much I missed it… And how nice her hugs were…*

Her sweet scent sent you off to your dreams and you fell asleep. Your mum looked down at you with a caring smiled and kissed the top of your head, laying you back onto your bed and tucking you in.

"Goodnight sweetie. I'm always here if you want to talk to. Don't face things alone, it's scarier that way."

-----------------

Okay, so the amnesia thing is a prank to test to see if Woohyun is still faithful to you. I hope that explains it for everyone ><