Heart to Heart

Nerd by Day, Player by Night

 

For the past weeks, drinks being 'accidentally' spilt, pranks on each other and boy stealing was all in play between you and Daseul.

Pulling Sungyeol aside for the night, you wanted to talk to him privately about the happenings between him and Daseul and just, Daseul in general.

"Sungyeol-ah, tell me what happened between you and Daseul. I heard you two broke up…" You wanted a straight answer from Sungyeol.

Sungyeol sighed. He knew he couldn't keep this from you for long. "Yeah, we broke up. Well, I broke up with her…"

The middle of your forehead creased. "Why? I thought you loved her, and would die to be with her," you pressed on.

"Yeah, I do. I did. Till she became Kim Daseul. Now she's just a major that doesn't know where to draw the line. I want Yoo Daseul back… I really do." Sungyeol sighed.

You looked away, slightly from shame. "Sungyeol-ah… I'm sorry. I didn't know that a simple transformation would turn her into this… I really only intended it to be for that one night of confession. I never knew it would be like this… I'm really sorry." You lowered your head even more after the last sentence.

Sungyeol looked at you and smiled. "Don't worry. It's not your fault."

You lifted your head and smiled. But you wanted to warn him about some things. "Sungyeol-ah. See, Daseul and I… aren't on the best of terms right now. So they may be incidents whether either of us gets hurt. But don't worry! I know what I'm doing so I won't put her in a coma or anything but you know… Just to do some things to put her back into her place, you know?" You tilted your head slightly, hoping that your new best friend, Sungyeol, would understand.

Sungyeol nodded. "If I were you, I would do the exact same thing. Don't worry, go for it. But, just don't overdo it. I still want her to be able to lift her head high after this. Just because she's 'Kim Daseul' now doesn't mean that I still don't love her… Even just a little." Sungyeol looked away, saying the last part.

Hugging Sungyeol, you patted his back soothingly. "Don't worry, there's nothing to be ashamed about. I still love her too but… she just has to change her ways. Don't worry. The one thing I won't do is blow her secret out, okay? That, I can promise."

You pulled away from Sungyeol and gave him a reassuring smile. "I promise."

And with that, you stepped into the battlefield of Inspirit again, with your rival, Daseul, awaiting.

But from behind the cars, Daseul saw the whole thing. But the warmness of the scene never reached her heart.

Daseul clenched her fist and gritted her teeth. "Yeah, you won't reveal my secret? How thoughtful. Too bad I'm not as thoughtful as you."

-------------------

Hm… Guys, I think I'm gonna end this story soon. ><