A New Friend

Nerd by Day, Player by Night

 

Your expression was full of worry and a million bad scenarios were flashing through you brain as you were following Sungyeol to a cafe. *Is he going to tell everyone? Is he going to tell Woohyun!? Is he going to blackmail me!? AHHHH!* You grabbed your hair in frustration.

Sungyeol pushed open glass doors to a café and gentlemanly opened it for you and gave you a little bow. But your mind is too preoccupied to care about manners and gave him a weak smile before completely disregarding him and finding a random seat and just dropping yourself down on the chair in despair.

Sungyeol chuckled and sat opposite of you. *I wonder what's going through her head, right now.* *AH!! LEE SUNGYEOL! WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO TO ME!? This is driving me crazy!*

Sungyeol leisurely held his hand up and a waiter came over with a notepad and pen. "What would you like, sir?"

"Americano and…" Sungyeol pointed towards you and waited for you to finish his sentence. "Cappuccino, thanks," you smiled, looking less stressed and more like your usual Nam ~~~~ self. The waiter blushed at your beauty and wrote down your orders while sneaking a few peaks at your S-line body.

Sungyeol caught him and furrowed his eyebrows. He cleared his throat and put his elbows on the table, interlacing his fingers and resting his chin on in.

"Yeobu, you shouldn't be showing so much skin. It attracts too much unwanted attention and as your boyfriend, I want you to me and only me. Okay?" Sungyeol smiled and tilted his head. Your eyes quickly darted to the waiter and got what Sungyeol meant so you played along.

"Sorry, yeobu~ I'll be more careful next time about showing skin, okay?" You sweetly smiled back. Although none of you made any eye contact with the waiter, cold sweat was running down his back because he knew that the 'unwanted attention' you two were talking about was him.

"Er… I shall be back momentarily with you orders…" The waiter gave an awkward laugh and quickly scurried away from you two.

You both looked towards the back of the waiter and had a victory smirk on your faces but as soon as you faced each other, your expression fell and it was replaced with worry once more.

You nervously bit your lip and your body stiffened at the possibilities of what Sungyeol could do with your secret.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to tell anyone about this. Especially Woohyun, so relax."  Sungyeol leisurely said, as if reading her thoughts.

You stared hard at him. You couldn't relax just because he said he wouldn't reveal your secret. What if he had something even more sinister in mind!

The waiter came back with your Americano and cappuccino so you had to break the staring competition and smile sweetly at Sungyeol, acting as if you two were deeply in love.

As soon as the waiter was gone, your expression fell once more. "Man, you should become an actress," Sungyeol chuckled.

"That's not the first time I've heard that. And thank you." You took a sip of your cappuccino and the froth off your top lip.

"I just wanted to come here and talk to you. As a friend, since I thought you'd be tired of having to act around so many people. Why are you using two identities? What's wrong with just changing your normal self into Nam ~~~ without having to create another name?" Sungyeol asked, taking a sip of his Americano as well.

You looked down. *Should I tell him everything? Sungyeol doesn't seem like a bad person but… Can I really trust him?*

You took a deep breath in and explained everything. From how you used to get bullied to how you decided to change yourself into Nam ~~~~ and get back by your bullies by getting together with them and then dumping them.

Sungyeol nodded and took in all the information. *She must've dealt with a lot for her to do such a drastic thing.*

"Oh and by the way, 4minute aren't really my friends. They're just… there," you gave an awkward chuckle and drank more of your cappuccino. Sungyeol gave you a smile. "But… I think Daseul is. And because she is, I am saying this. You should watch who she's hanging out with. You don't want to be like Woohyun… having a girlfriend with two lives and not knowing about one of them," you bitterly smiled.

"But your other life isn't bad. It's just being a nerd," Sungyeol comforted. "But Daseul's isn't… Just… Watch for any changes in her. I hope I can trust you with my secret and that we'll be friends. I'll see you later, Sungyeol. You've already made me late for my meeting with 4minute. Bye~" You waved.

*I've done the right thing, right? Trusting Sungyeol with my double life…* You sighed into the night and caught the next cab that came your way.

*Daseul… Is there something I don't know?* Sungyeol bit his lip and squinted one eye in thought.

-------------------

See~~ Sungyeol wasn't a bad person~