Bruises

Nerd by Day, Player by Night

  

You and Sungyeol were seen happily chatting and walking around campus. You and Sungyeol have been awfully close lately because you were talking about trying to get him and Daseul together.

"Aish… What is that ugly doing with our Sungyeol-oppa?" A girl hissed to her friend.

"I don't know… But it annoys me that they're so close now. That ugly 's probably sticking herself to Sungyeol-oppa. Do you see the way they talk and stuff lately? Gosh… It's really getting on my nerves…"

The girl's friends squinted her eyes dangerously at you and Sungyeol.

"We've got to teach that a lesson about sticking herself too close to Sungyeol-oppa…" The girls blended in with the shadows and watched your movements.

"Daseul-ah, have you ever thought of… Mmh.. Well… Becoming like, the night-life me?" You asked Daseul carefully, as you two were whispering during class.

"Of course. Which girl wouldn't want to be beautiful like you. But.. I just don't have the resources or the skills to do that… unfortunately," Daseul said, her eyes without leaving her work.

"Mmh… Then, how about I help you?" you beamed. "Daseul looked up in surprise and delight, "Really? That would be wonderful! Um… I'll meet you tonight at your house? At 7?" Daseul's eyes was filled with excitement and anticipation.

"Sure," you chuckled. You've never seen Daseul so excited before. The bell rang, signalling the end of school.

"I can’t wait. I'll see you at your house at 7 then, bye!" Daseul waved and happily skipped out of class. *She's so cute.* You smiled as you packed your books into your bag and walked out of the classroom.

"Hello. Lee ~~~~," A girl stretched out her arm and blocked your way. You looked up above your glasses. "Um… H-hello…" You timidly said. *Gosh, what do these es want…* You thought.

"I see that you're sticking to Sungyeol like gum lately. Haven't you!?" Another girl slammed her palm against the wall and yelled at you, causing you to shrink back.

*He's the one that’s sticking to me!*You lowered your head, knowing that say that would only aggravate the two girls.

"Yah! Answer me when I'm talking to you!" Suddenly, you were grabbed by the collar and was being stared down by the girl.

"Yeah! What gives you the guts to stick around our Sungyeol-oppa like that!?" You were yelled at before a slap struck your face. You looked at them with a fear-stricken face.

" hasn't learnt her lesson yet, has she?" The girl grabbing your collar dropped you and you fell onto the floor. "Time to use my Hapkido skills on this !"

You were limping your way home, holding onto your side. "Those es… I will get my hands on them… One way or the other…"

There was a bruise on your cheek and another right next to your lips. A red mark where the girls slapped you was evident on your face. You looked at your arms and saw purple grips marks from where one of the girls were holding you down.

"Damn those es… So strong…" You winced as you tried to touch them ever so slightly. You heaved a sigh of relief to see that your parents weren't home.

*Thank god… They would've flipped if they saw me like this….* You quickly ran up the stairs and put on foundation and concealer on the places where bruises and marks were. Right after you finished, the door bell rang.

"Must be Daseul! Coming~" You smiled, as you jogged down the stairs to open the door for Daseul.

"~~~~!" Daseul smiled widely and gave you a big hug. You face scrunched as Daseul crushed her cheek against your bruise.

Daseul pulled back, "What's wrong?" "Huh? Uh, nothing. Your hug was just so… powerful," you chuckled. "I'm excited, that's why! Come on, let's go!" Daseul grabbed your arm and dragged you up the stairs. "Haha, okay, okay~"

Daseul happily sat herself on your bed cross-legged, and you brought over your massive collection of make-up.

"Wah… I don't even know what this is…" Daseul said in awe, as she picked up a black bottle. "That's mascara," you gave a small laugh at Daseul's cluelessness.

"Oh my god… Okay, this looks scary…" Daseul picked up the eyelash curler and started opening and closing it.

"Haha, it's a torture chamber for your eyelashes," you winked as Daseul threw it away.

"Okay, close your eyes. I'm gonna put concealer and foundation on you so it'll even out your complexion, okay?"

Daseul nodded and you started by patting concealer on her slight dark circles and her blemishes. A tear escaped your eyes as your mind automatically replayed the incident. You took a deep breath in and closed your eyes for a moment.

*I have to concentrate on Daseul… I'm presenting her to Sungyeol tonight… I have to… concentrate…* You sniffed. Daseul's eyebrows furrowed, "Is something wrong, ~~~~-ah?" Just as Daseul was about to open her eyes, you quickly told her not to. "Don't open your eyes! I'm fine! It's just… I've got a slight cold… So yeah…" You cleared your throat and started applying foundation.

"If you say so…" Daseul said, as she sat back comfortably again and let you work your magic.

---------------------

 :(