A Letter's Difference

Nerd by Day, Player by Night

 

Your swollen eyes were evidence of the tears you for leaving Woohyun. Dragging your luggage out of the airport, you looked like an empty shell. Pulling out a piece of paper from your pocket, you caught a taxi and showed him the address.

You arrived and pulled your luggage out of the trunk. Standing in front of your new apartment, you took a deep breath of the fresh Busan air and tried smiling with your swollen eyes.

*New life… Time. Time is what everybody needs to forget that a person like Lee ~~~~ and Nam ~~~ existed. Time.*

With a new mindset that time will wash everything away from their memories, you set foot in your new apartment.

Before going down to Busan, you had already enrolled yourself into a school. Standing at the school gates, you looked like your normal Lee ~~~~ self. No makeup, no killer stilettoes, no short dresses. Just normal, flowing hair and normal school uniform. You ditched your thick glasses and opted for contacts instead. Everything about you, normal for once. You stepped into the school grounds with a determined face.

You stood outside the classroom, waiting for homeroom your teacher, Mr. Park, to introduce you to the class.

"Alright. Now that I've marked attendance, I have an announcement to make. Starting from today, we'll be having a new student join us. She came all the way from Seoul so please make her feel welcome here. Lee ~~~~, you may come in."

The class broke into murmurs and whisper. "A new student all the way from Seoul!?" "Oh my god, maybe she's hot!" "Why would she come down to Busan?"

Questions were floating all around the atmosphere but total silence came as soon as you stepped into the classroom.

The students scanned you from head to toe. Normal. That was what they used to describe you.

"Hello. My name is Lee ~~~~ and I'll be taking classes with you till I graduate. Please take care of me." You bowed and scanned the students as well. Suddenly, a boy caught your eye. He didn't care what was going on and sat by himself, looking out the window.

"Um… Lee ~~~~. You can go sit next to Soohyun over there." Mr. Park pointed to the boy that was looking out the window. You heart tugged a bit. *Soohyun… Only a letter's difference… Oppa…*

Tears threatened to fall but you refused to give in and obediently went over, setting your bag down and giving him a little bow when you sat down.

"Hi, I'm Lee ~~~~. I hope you'll take care of me." You held your hand out, showing a shy smile. Soohyun looked at your hand and shook it briefly, before letting go and looking back out the window again, not paying attention in class.

Minutes into the lesson, you stopped paying attention too, because you realised that you had already learnt this back at Seoul. You rested your chin on your palms and puffed your cheeks out, casually poking your pen onto your empty notebook.

Soohyun stole a glance at you and the tiniest smile appeared. *Cutie. She's not as normal as I thought she'd be. Interesting.*

You pulled your phone out and hid it under the desk. Scrolling down through your contacts, you came across Woohyun's name. The urge to press 'Call' or to send a message to him was huge, but that would've ruined your plan to have time do it's magic. You clutched it close to your heart and rested your head on the desk.

*One year. Just one year. Then, I'll be able to run into oppa's arms like I used to, right? Oppa, you'll be waiting right there, right?*

-----------------------

The guy is Soohyun from U-Kiss!! :D

I UPDATE! :D

AND OMG! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT! THAT MY FIC ACTUALLY GOT FEATURED! I WAS SO HAPPY! AND STILL HAPPY!

I DON’T EVEN KNOW HOW TO EXPRESS MY GRATITUDE TO ALL YOU GUYS!! >< I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! *mwah mwah* GROUP HUG!!! * hugs all 500+ of you*

I hope this story won't disappoint ^^