Half Forgiven

Nerd by Day, Player by Night

 

At this time, you heard the lock of your door click and expected it to be Soohyun. "Oppa, Soohyun's back. Am I at least allowed to give my best friend a 'Welcome Home' hug?" You begged with big eyes. Woohyun kissed your forehead and nodded. "Yay!" You squealed.

You were running towards the door and when you saw Soohyun, you sped towards him and gave him a bone-crushing hug.

Soohyun chuckled and gladly hugged you back. "Glad to know I'm welcome," Soohyun ruffled your hair. You squeezed just a tad tighter before releasing him. "Uh, ~~~~-ah. I… There's actually someone here to see you…"

You tilted your head in curiosity and furrowed your eyebrows. Soohyun's tall figure had covered the guest and once he stepped aside, you saw someone who you thought would never see again. Daseul.

Daseul gave you a small, shy smile and timidly waved back. "Hi," she said, barely above a whisper. You looked at Daseul, from head to toe.

She was dressed in a long, out-dated floral dress, with her thick black hair plaited and down by her side. She shuffled her feet and pushed her thick black framed up the bridge of her nose.

You tilted your head to the side and looked at Daseul with curiosity and slight pity, furrowing your brows ever so slightly.

*Why is she dressed like this? Did she…* Regardless of what you thought had happened to her, you invited her in and had her sit down on the couch.

"So um, what made you come and visit me today?" You casually asked. Daseul looked up from her glasses. "I… Soohyun-sshi told me about your amnesia prank… It-It was very convincing." Daseul let out a nervous chuckle.

"Ah…" You gave Soohyun a stern look, as if you were saying "Why'd you tell?" Soohyun shrugged an apology.

Your mum and dad also came home at this time. "Honey~ We're back- Oh, I see that we have guests." Your mum cheerfully replied, smiling in a way only you knew what it meant.

*Oh no… No, no, no, no no. Mum!? You're up to something, aren't you!?* You screamed inside your head.

As if answering you, your mum smiled right at you, before turning back to Soohyun and Woohyun. "Now, come on boys. We've got something special planned for you both," your mum grinned, hurrying the boys to get up and follow her. "Eh? W-We do?" Your dad cluelessly said. Your mum shot him glare and he immediately shut up and followed her as well. Your mum shook her head and let out a sigh. *Man… How did he lead that double life if he can't even follow my hints now…*

Your mum did a mini eye-roll and collected her husband and the two boys to go off to the 'Something Special'.

The house was left with no-one but you and Daseul. Awkward silence filled the whole house and was suffocating the both of you, so you decided to speak first.

"Um, so, Daseul-ah. How've you been lately? I haven't seen you in ages. Seems like you've change… um.. Quite a bit," you stated. Last time you saw Daseul, she was a beautiful, stunning young lady who had the looks to kill. But the girl sitting in front of you, seemed to be even more conservative than the original nerd Daseul.

"Um, yeah… It's been a while. I've been… good… Not much to say about my life now," Daseul bitterly chuckled, as she spoke in a shy and quiet voice, keeping her head hung slightly low and looking at her feet.

You slightly furrowed your brows. The confident Daseul was completely gone. It seemed like this was a completely new person that you didn't know anymore. You decided to just cut to the chase and get to the point.

"Okay, I'm not going to beat around the bush. What happened to you? You never used to look like this, even when you were the nerd I originally knew. What happened?" You asked, slightly leaning in. Daseul gave herself a pitiful smirk. "I knew you'd ask that. I… As soon as you left, I realised what I had done. I had driven my one and only friend, best friend, out of town and out of everyone's lives just because… because 'Kim Daseul's' life took over 'Yoo Daseul's'. I… I just couldn't live with myself knowing that I had hurt someone that close to me. So… So I quit that life. I said goodbye to 4minute and all that glamour and clammed myself in my room once again. I've… somehow managed to turn myself into even more of a nerd and outcast than I already was from the beginning… Pathetic, right?" Daseul rested her forehead on her palm and shook her head.

Unbelievably, you actually pitied her. I know, it's a crime, but you actually felt sorry for her. But at the back of your head, you could never have forgiven her, even if she's in the state she's in. She'll never be your best friend again and you'll never let her know your deepest darkest secrets ever again.

But seeing how alone she was, reminded you of you when you were first a nerd. You sighed and stood in front of Daseul, holding your hand out.

"I'll… half forgive you. I hope you'll understand why I can never fully forgive you," you stated. Daseul looked up to you and gave you a weak smile. "Thanks. Even if you were only forgiving me for a quarter of it, I would be thankful." Daseul took your hand a shook it.

"Okay! Hurray! All's well that ends well, right?" Your mum celebrated, opening the door and bringing her husband and the two boys back into the house. Your eyes bulged at the sight and looking at you and Daseul's hand together, before looking at Daseul's surprised eyes as well.

You immediately knew what had just happened and you sighed, shaking your head. *Man! Mum did it again!*

------------------------------

Okay, that's that sorted out :) Thank you for all your support guys~~ 2200+ subscriber! Whee!! I also checked the 'Popular' section again coz I was looking for new fics to read, and then I found out that this fic was the 5th most subscribed fic on AFF!! *wavy arm dance*

I love you all~~ MWAH! *hugs & kisses* xoxoxo