The Promised Date

Nerd by Day, Player by Night

 

You arrived at the Hongdae Main Entrance, 10 minutes late, in black skinny jeans and a white button up long sleeve shirt that was tucked in. You had a colour bag and was wearing red pumps which gave the outfit a burst of colour that also gave you a subtle sense of dominance. Woohyun looked up from his phone and opened his arms, which you happily bounded in.

Woohyun hugged you from the waist and buried his face in your hair, taking a seep breath in of your sweet scent. "10 minutes late, no more, no less. I can always trust you to be on time," Woohyun sighed and chuckled.

You pulled back and slid your hand around his jawline, "Of course. As any lady should be. Now, where are you going to take me?"

Woohyun smiled, "To a pasta restaurant. I heard it's really good and really hard to get a reservation. But I got one, just for our date." Woohyun winked at you and lightly put his arm around your waist. "You look y today, by the way," Woohyun whispered into your ear and kissed it. You giggled and looked to him with a mesmerising gaze, "Don't I always? And you only compliment me today? I'm hurt, Lee Woohyun. Hurt deep." You pouted and walked ahead of him.

Woohyun stared at you figure from behind and shook his head and laughed. "You know, you're not all that different from your self at school. I'm glad I have the both of you in my life," Woohyun quietly said to himself, as he ran up to you and hugged you from behind.

"But if I tell you you're y everyday, you won't feel the impact of receiving a compliment from me," Woohyun smoothly said, as he rested his chin on your shoulder.

"You and your sweet talk. Why does it always work on me," you rolled your eyes and turned around, giving him a quick peck on the lips.

"Come on! I'm hungry! Take me to the pasta place or we're over!" You threatened, as you dragged Woohyun by the arm and pushed him in front.

"Is that your new favourite threat now? 'We're over'?" Woohyun chuckled as he led you to the restaurant.

The pasta restaurant was painted a cream colour with fairy lights draped across the ceiling and cute lanterns hanging down. Wire-made stars and moons were also hung, making the restaurant have an air of fantasy, like a fairytale come to life.

"Oppa, this place is so pretty! How'd you find this place? I've wanted to come here for so long!" Your eyes sparkled in the lights as you admired the interior of the place.

Woohyun thought back to lunch time earlier today, when you were talking about places you want to go to.

"So, ~~~~-sshi. Are there places you would like to visit lately?" Woohyun asked, as he bit into his sandwich.

"Hmm…" You tapped your chin and looked up to the sky in thought. "There're so many. But I can never seem to find anyone that can go with me…" You bitterly smiled and looked down at your feet.

Woohyun sympathetically looked at you. *Why doesn't she tell me this? If it's somewhere she wants to go, I would definitely go with her.*

"There's this restaurant that I've been wanting to go to for a while now. It's a pasta place in Hongdae but I don't know what it's called…" You pushed your mouth to the side and looked up at the sky again, "I wish there was somebody I could go with…."

After hours of research and of the vague descriptions you gave to Woohyun, Woohyun pinpointed the exact location and name of the restaurant you wanted to go.

"~~~~-ah. I'll make sure I'll be the best possible boyfriend to you. And I'll take care of those two es that hurt you…. Just wait till I get my hands on them…"

Woohyun smiled at his flashback and at your blissful expression. The waiter took you two to a table and was about to pull your chair out for your when Woohyun stepped in and took over.

"Let me," he said to the waiter, who bowed and stepped back. Woohyun then continued to pull your chair out and push it back in when you were sitting down.

"I never knew you were this much of a gentlemen," you gently smiled. Woohyun smiled back and gave you a slight bow and went toward his seat. The waiter approached the table again and poured red wine into both your cups. You gave the waiter a small bow and a smile that made his face blush and self-consciously fix his hair and uniform. He bowed to you when he finished pouring the wine and bowed to Woohyun before walking away with his other duties, and looking back at you one more time.

Woohyun frowned and saw you innocently smiling back at the waiter.

"Yah, Nam ~~~~," Woohyun hissed quietly. You turned your attention away from the waiter and looked back at Woohyun, "Hmm? What's wrong?"

Woohyun gaped at you and shook his head. *She really is innocent at things like this…*

"You know, I brought my girlfriend here to enjoy pasta. Not to have her smile at some waiter beautifully and have him fall in love with you. I don't need any more competitors, you know?" Woohyun frowned and took a sip of red wine.

"Eh? He did? Really? Aye~ You don't have to sweet talk me here Woohyun." You laughed it off and took a sip of your red wine.

Woohyun clucked his tongue and blew at his fringe. "He's checking you out. Right now. From behind the counter," Woohyun told you, and rested his forehead onto his palm. *This girl… So naïve*

You looked towards the direction of the counter while still having the glass of red wine in your lips. And just like Woohyun said, the waiter was looking at you and quickly looked away, pretending to be busy with 'other matters'.

You chuckled, causing Woohyun to frown again. "Yah, Lee ~~~~. Don't you care that some guy is checking you out when you already have a boyfriend?" Woohyun accidentally blurted out your real name which made you choke on your saliva.

"W-what did you just call me?" You gaped at Woohyun as if he just said the weirdest thing. "H-huh? N-nothing…" Woohyun gave you a nervous laugh and took another sip of his red wine, looking in the other direction.

"You just called me… 'Lee ~~~~'…." Your expression and muscles tensed up. *Does he know who I am!? Oh god… What am I going to do…* You panicked on the inside but your expression stayed calm. Panicking would've just made everything worse.

"Um…" Woohyun's brain was churning for an excuse. "See… It feels like you're closer to me, since, my surname is 'Lee' as well. So it's like you're married to me," Woohyun flashed you a smile, hoping you would buy his excuse.

Amazingly, you bought it. "Oh~~ I see~. Well, somebody's being a little possessive," you chuckled and took another sip of your wine.

"Haha, yeah…" Woohyun looked around uneasily and sighed a breath of relief. *Thank god I'm a smart cookie…*

*Thank god he's simple-minded…* You thought.

------------------

Close one :L

A bit of a long chapter… Sorry ><

I've been updating before I got to bed so I'm half sleepy when I write this XD I apologise for any mistakes or drag ><