Will You... Wait?

Nerd by Day, Player by Night

 

You were bidding your parents farewell.

"B-but honey, why a-are you l-leaving? Did we do something that u-upset you?" Your mother said in between breaths, as she choked back tears.

"Yeah. Sweetheart, if there's anything you want, you can always tell us. You don't have to leave." Your father added, hands on your mother, trying to comfort her.

You smiled. *Mum, dad… You can't give me love, the love that Woohyun gave me. And now that my secret is out, I don't want to drag him down as well.*

"Mum, dad. It has nothing to do with you, I promise. It's just that… I want to have some time away from the city. Away from everything. I'll come back once I finish high school over there. It'll only be a year or so. I'll come back, for sure. I'll miss you both so, so much." You hugged your parents both, closing your eyes, letting tears escape.

"Oh ~~~~-ah…" Your mother said, as she hugged you back. "You'll always be my little girl, no matter where you go." Your father hugged you back as well, ruffling your hair.

You smiled through your tears, "I love you both so, so much." You pulled back, seeing your mother's tear-stained face and your father, close to tears.

"Mum, don't cry. It'll just make me feel like a bad daughter," you joked, trying to lighten the atmosphere.

Your mother finally cracked a smile and wiped away her tears. "Okay, okay. Mum won't cry anymore. Please be safe when you get to Busan. Don't forget to visit when you have us when ever you get a holiday, okay?" Your mother bit her lip, trying to contain her tears.

"Of course I will, don't worry. Every holiday I get, I'll come back and visit you both." You smiled through your tears. You looked back at the taxi that had been waiting patiently for you all this time. Even the taxi driver didn't dare ruin this sentimental family moment. You hugged them one last time, before you took a step back, taking in one last mental picture of your loving parents. You smiled weakly and waved, dragging your suitcases and putting them into the trunk of the taxi.

"Bye, honey! Have a safe trip!" Your mother shouted, as she sniffed even harder. The reality hit her hard, that her one and only daughter was leaving her.

Your father looked down at his wife. It was hard seeing his loved one cry, but it was also hard to see his daughter leave.

"Take care, sweetheart." Your father waved and gave you one last smile. You opened the car door and went in. Just as you were about to close the door, you heard a familiar voice that stimulated your tears to roll uncontrollably.

"~~~~~~! ~~~~~~~-ah!" Woohyun's voice called. You spun your head in the direction of the voice and you saw your love. You bit your lip down and turned back away. Closing your eyes, you took in a deep breath and pretended not to see. *I can't say goodbye to you… Not to you, oppa… Never to you…*

"~~~~!" Woohyun's voice called again. You quickly closed the door and order the driver to go.

"Ahjusshi, go!" You cried. "But… that young man-" "Go!" You ordered. The driver looked at Woohyun in the rear end mirror with pity and drove off.

"~~~~~~! ~~~~~~~~-AH!  ~~~~~~~!" No matter how many times he called after your name, the taxi just drove. You looked back to see Woohyun on his knees, crying your name and hitting the floor. You blew a kiss with tears sliding down your cheeks. "I love you…" You whispered. "Always remember that…"

You sent Woohyun one last text.

I'm so sorry oppa… That I left right in front of your eyes. I just couldn't face everyone after what happened that night… I'm sorry. I'll always love you. Will you wait for me? I'll come back, for sure. But until then… Will you.. Wait? - Your one and only true love

Woohyun's phone beeped and he read the message through his blurred vision. He held his phone close to his chest.  "I'll always wait for you… Till you tell me to stop. I always will…"

-----------------

And your 405th 'I Love You' was a sad one… T^T