Missed Opportunity

Nerd by Day, Player by Night

 

During the following weeks of school, you had actually led a normal school life, and you loved it. You weren't bullied, nor were you discriminated against for various reasons. You were even able to pick up a Busan accent, though you rarely spoke in it.

But what's more, was that you were finally able to have another person that seemed like a Busan-version of Sungyeol, Soohyun. He became your guy best friend in Busan. As much as he didn’t want to be the kingka of the school, the student body labelled him as that and there was nothing he could do about it.

"Yah, Lee ~~~~. You better get this right or else I'll put you in another headlock." Soohyun threatened, as he gave you a slight glare.

"Alright, alright. I promise that… Oh, the game's starting!" You warned. Both of your attention was immediately diverted to the screen in front of you. You two were on DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) and was tapping your feet in rhythm with the music.

As soon as the arrows came on screen, Soohyun and you moved like crazy, your feet gracefully moving over the dance machine. After all, you two were pros at this. After passing the first three levels and being able to gain an extra game, you two took a moment to rest, trying to catch your breath.

"That, was, so, tiring!" You huffed. Soohyun rested his palms on his knees, smirking at you as he huffed as well, with a slightly damp fringe. "You're not up for the last stage? You know what song we're picking, right?"

You stood up straight and gulped slightly. Always, you two would pick the hardest song and for some reason, it would just never work out for you.

"Yeah, I know. Come on, let's get this over and done with. There's a line behind us," you said, as you took a gulp of water and went back onto the machine. You two always managed to attract a crowd when you two were playing. Mainly due to Soohyun's good looks though.

"Okay, let's get this show on the road!" Soohyun shouted, as he picked the song, Max 300, and hopped back on the machine.

As expected, the beat was strong and the arrows were moving up the screen like crazy. Your eyes were glued to the screen, not even blinking for a second, afraid that you would miss an arrow and mess up your groove.

But something caught your eye. Through the corner of your eye, you thought you had seen someone that resembled Woohyun.

A flash of hope and surprise struck your chest and tugged at your heartstrings. Without even thinking, you got off DDR and ran towards the direction of person who you thought to be Woohyun.

"Yah… Yah! Lee ~~~~! Get back here! I can't do this by myself! Yah! Lee ~~~~! Don't leave me here by myself! I'm scared…" Soohyun whimpered, as he looked at all the strange looks the girls surrounding him was giving him. It looked like they were about to eat him alive.

You ran through the shopping centre, trying to find even a glimpse of 'Woohyun'. Something moved and from the corner of your eye, you found 'Woohyun' again. You gasped and pushed through the crowd of people, trying your hardest to find him.

But through the busy shopping centre, you lost him all too quickly. You supported yourself by resting your palms on your knees and huffed.

*Oppa… Am I going crazy?* You honestly thought you were hallucinating and your legs just gave in, sitting on the floor.

Woohyun was wearing his suit, which he had taken his blazer of and loosened his top few buttons. *Where are you, Lee ~~~~!? I'm going crazy just trying to find you in this massive shopping centre. Please… come back to me… Please…* Woohyun ruffled his hair in frustration and continued to look for you in the busy shopping centre of Busan.

Soohyun finally finished his came and turned around, giving a little bow to his mini-audience that he had. He shyly smiled and rubbed the back of his neck before running off to find you.

"Aish, that girl… She never ceases to have me on my toes with her," Soohyun muttered to himself. Running around like a mad person and already having his energy drained from an intense game of DDR, Soohyun was already losing his strength.

*Gosh… Where is that girl…* Just as he was about to find a place to have a rest, he spotted someone sitting on the floor. Soohyun's eyes widened, *~~~~.*

"Yah, Lee ~~~~… are you… alright?" Soohyun carefully walked over to where you were and squatted next to you. You looked down and didn't give him a reply. Your mind was filled with thoughts about Woohyun and how much you missed your family back in Seoul. A tear formed and fell onto the polished marble floor, shattering into a million droplets.

Soohyun grew worried. He had never seen you cry before and he started panicking. "~~~~-ah? ~~~~-ah!? Are you sick? Are you hurt anywhere? Did you trip and twisted your ankle or something? ~~~~! Answer me!" Soohyun held onto your shoulder and shook you. You looked to him with wet eyes and you dove into his embrace.

"Soohyun-ah…" you wept. He was your only support right now and you needed him right now. Soohyun was slightly fazed and fell back onto his bottom with you in his arms, but he softened and hugged you back, your hair soothingly.

"It's okay, ~~~~-ah… Cry all you want. I'll be right here for you. Always." Soohyun said softly, just enough for you to hear.

When you were finished crying, your eyes were slightly swollen and red. "Aigoo, our little ~~~~ has swollen eyes. Now her eyes are even smaller than they already were~" Soohyun cooed, as he pinched your cheek.

"Ow. You're being awfully nice…" You eyed Soohyun suspiciously. He laughed and ruffled your hair. "You better savour it while you can. This ain't gonna last long."

You smiled and hugged Soohyun around the waist. Soohyun gladly hugged you back but soon broke the hug. Your face with full of confusion. Soohyun dragged your over to the nearest railing and you both looked down from the fourth floor of the shopping centre.

"~~~~-ah, I want you to scream all your worries out here." Soohyun said, looking forward. You gaped and looked at him like he just lost his mind. "What!? Here? No way!"

"Yes way. Right here, right now. Come on, it'll feel a lot better. Trust me," Soohyun shot you a wink. "Why do I have the feeling that you've done this many times before…" You grumbled. Soohyun heard it and pinched your cheek. "Yah, I do it coz it's always your fault. Now, hurry up."

"My fault!? How would it be my fault if you shout like a crazy person at a shopping centre!? Crazy jerk…" You pouted and took a deep breath. And at the top of your lungs, you shouted. "WOOHYUN-OPPA! I MISS YOU!"

Soohyun's eyes slightly dimmed at the name 'Woohyun-oppa'. *This is why I come here and yell. Because the person in your heart isn't me… but this Woohyun guy…*

You smiled widely and turned back to Soohyun, who snapped out of his daze just in time to give you a smile back.

"Feeling better?" "Yep! Now, let's go have ice cream!" You happily shouted. You linked arms with Soohyun and happily skipped away.

At the same time you shouted out 'Woohyun-oppa, I miss you!', Woohyun was down on the ground floor. When he heard his name, he immediately looked up and saw you, the you he adored and loved. His face lit up, as he raced up the escalators and onto the same level you were just moments ago. He went to the exact railing where you stood and looked left and right, but was unable to find a trace of you. Woohyun bit his lip in anger and threw his blazer onto the floor.

Little did he realise that he had just missed you when you were on the escalators with Soohyun.

-----------------------------

And just yesterday, I was celebrating having almost 600 subscribers, and today, I'm celebrating having 1000+ subscribers.

Thank you all so much guys!! ><

I hope you'll all support my current Teen Top fic, From Naughty to Nice, as well, fellow Angels ^^

I LOVE YOU ALL!! *mwah*