Two Can Play at that Game

Nerd by Day, Player by Night

 

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" Daseul sarcastically apologised, as she spilled red wine right down the front of your dress. You gasped as you looked down your ruined dress. Your looked up fast enough just to see Daseul smirk in satisfaction before getting some tissues and putting on a worried expression, wiping your dress urgently.

You straightened yourself and looked down suspiciously at a busy Daseul, who was 'trying' to get the stain off your dress.

*There is something seriously off about Daseul lately… I'm just hoping it's just my imagination.* You thought, trying to shake off the feeling that you've been missing something.

"I'm so sorry… But ~~~-ah, I think I just made the stain bigger… I promise I won't come near you with red wine ever again! I think you should go home, that dress should be washed before it gets ruined anymore," Daseul pouted, apologising.

The middle of your brows creased and you tilted your head for a millisecond before smiling at her. "It's okay, really. I'll just get Woohyun-oppa to take me home. Daseul-ah, where's Sungyeol?" You asked. You were genuinely curious about the current relationship status of them too.

Fury, anger and hatred burned inside Daseul's chest. *You were the one who took him away from me, !* She managed to squeeze a forced smile and replied, "We broke up."

You blinked your eyes wide, staring at Daseul. "W-why!? You two were so cute together! I mean, you changed for him, right?"

Daseul took in deep breaths, closing her eyes, trying to calm herself down. "He, didn't like me anymore. Or, should I say the 'me' that you made. He hates Kim Daseul." You could hear thorns in her words, as much as Daseul tried to hide it.

*What, so you're blaming me now? That you can't control yourself around guys?* You squinted one eye but quickly resumed to your normal happy face when Daseul reopened her eyes.

There was a hint of sadness and regret in her eyes but they quickly hardened into fake happiness and worry.

"~~~~-ah, the stain won't come off if you stay here any longer. I'll tell Woohyun-sshi to drive you home." Daseul offered, as she disappeared into the crowd, bringing Woohyun back with her.

"Babe, what happened to your dress!?" Woohyun gasped, looking at the massive red stain running straight down the middle of your dress.

"Oh, it's nothing. Daseul just accidentally spilt it on me. Come on, I wanna get this stain put before it's permanent," you pouted sweetly at Woohyun.

Woohyun wrinkled his nose lovingly at you and lightly pecked you on the cheek. "Yeah, sure babe. Come on, let's go."

Woohyun lightly draped his arm around your waist and led you out of Inspirit. You turned back and waved to Daseul, smiling ever so sweetly. Seeing her wave back, you turned back around and your face dropped. *You want to ruin the dress, or me? Well, two can play at that game. You better watch your back, Yoo Daseul.*

-------------

And so, a fight in the shadows begin…