Packing for the Unexpected

Nerd by Day, Player by Night

 

Weeks passed by like days. Soohyun was always by your side, making the days without Woohyun and your family less painful.

"Yah, I just realised… Our holidays start tomorrow! Yay!" Soohyun celebrated, by throwing his homework and papers into the air, not caring where the wind took them.

"Yah… that's our holiday homework… Dude, we need to hand them in when school starts again." You shook your head and chuckled at Soohyun's forgetfulness.

Soohyun quickly scrambled to pick up the loose sheets of paper while they were still in the air, and then ran off to grab others that were on the ground be the wind would blow them elsewhere.

You smiled at how cute Soohyun was. You then uncrossed your arms and went and help him collect his papers.

"Here. Don't just chuck homework around next time. Stupid Soohyun…" You mumbled the last bit. Soohyun shot you a death stare. What could you do, he had sharp ears. Without warning, he had put you in a headlock.

"Yah, Lee ~~~~, what'd you just call me? Wanna say that again, huh? Huh?" Soohyun taunted. Soohyun's headlocks were never tight but they weren't always the most comfortable thing either.

"Ah!~ I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" You laughed, as you hurriedly apologised to Soohyun to let you go. Soohyun smirked and released you, and you ran to the side, pretending to gasp for air.

"Yah! I could've died, you know!" You yelled back. "Yeah, right. Since when were you ever the helpless girl that needed to be saved." Soohyun scoffed.

You stuck your tongue out at him and walked on without him. "Yah! Why're you walking without me! Wait!!" Soohyun ran to catch up with you and walked you home.

Over the weekends, Soohyun came over to see you packing your clothes and belongings into your suitcase. Soohyun's mind jumped to conclusions and hugged you tightly from behind and buried his face in your hair, shutting his eyes tight.

You jumped a little, startled by his sudden action. You turned your head around to see Soohyun and frowned out of confusion. "Soohyun-ah… What're you doing?"

"~~~~-ah, don't go. Please… Don't leave me," Soohyun pleaded. You softened. "But I have to…"

Soohyun let go of you, only to grab hold of your shoulders and look into your eyes with a dead serious expression. "Then take me with you."

You raised your eyebrow and gave him a queer look. "Eh? Why? You're not even my boyfriend… Why would I take you to see my parents…" You gave Soohyun a helpless look.

Soohyun's eyes widened as he realised his mistake. You noticed something was and raised your other brow as well. "What, where'd you think I was going?"

Soohyun awkwardly looked away. "I thought you were leaving Busan… forever," he mumbled.

You chuckled. "Even if I was going to leave, you'd be the first to know. I'm just going back to Seoul to visit my parents." *And maybe Woohyun-oppa…*

Soohyun heaved a sigh of relief as he placed a hand over his heart. *I thought you were going to me forever. And I haven’t even had a chance to tell you my feelings yet…*

"I'll help you pack!" Soohyun volunteered, as he jumped up and ran to your drawers. He randomly went through it and grabbed a packet of foreign to him.

"~~~~-ah, what's this?" Soohyun innocently asked, tilting his head. "Hm?" You diverted your attention from packing for a moment, only to have your eyes bulge out of your pockets.

"Yah! Give that back, right now!" You dashed for it and snatched it out of Soohyun's arms. You looked down at what Soohyun was previously asking and bit your lip in embarrassment, slightly tilting your head and squinting one eye.

*Does he not know that he shouldn't go through a girl's things without asking!? I should be lucky he only found my pads… What if he finds my bra next!?* You squeezed your eyes tight just at the thought of how humiliating that would be.

"~~~-ah!"

Soohyun's voice broke your train of horrid thoughts as he reached for another drawer. "What's in here?" He asked.

Your mouth fell wide open as you practically dived for the drawer and stopped him from opening it. Dude, your undergarments were inside!

"Soohyun, just… um… sit. And watch me. I'll… let you know if you can help with anything, alright?" You flashed him an awkward smile, to which Soohyun just nodded and pursed out his lower lip, as he watched you run around the room, packing yours things and making sure you weren't forgetting anything.

 

Soohyun insisted on tagging along so you brought him to Seoul too. You arrived at your house and looked at it. Soohyun gave you a small pity look and nudged for you to get your keys out.

"Come on, it's your house. Open it," Soohyun said. You hesitantly looked at him, then back at the house.

*I just hope my parents aren't going to kill me for doing this to them.*

You reached for the back pocket for the keys to your house and opened the door. "~~~~!" You were greeted by your mum, who hugged you tightly.

You turned to Soohyun in distress. He mouthed 'It's okay' to you. You nodded your head. The woman took you out of her embrace and examined you form head to toe.

"~~~~-ah, you're back! I can't believe it!" She excitedly exclaimed. You gave her a bright smile. "Yeah, I'm back… Mum." You hesitated slightly. You felt guilty already..

Soon, your dad came and joined your mum. "Look honey, our ~~~ is back!" She pointed at you. Your dad's face lit up and hugged you tightly too. You nodded and smiled brightly again. "Hi dad."

After greetings, introductions and a lot more hugs were exchanged, you sat in the living room and shuffled your feet. Your parents noticed that there was something strange about you. They were whispering lightly between themselves when Soohyun stepped in and cleared the situation up.

"Mrs Lee, Mr. Lee… There's something you should know," Soohyun said. Your parents leaned in closer, to get a better hearing range.

"~~~~… she was involved with an accident on her way here… She's… got temporary amnesia," Soohyun sighed.

Your parents looked towards you in shock. "Amnesia!?" They both exclaimed. You realised that Soohyun had already told them and gave them an awkward smile. "Hehe… I'm sorry but the truth is… I don't actually know who you are…" You sadly admitted.

*Gosh... this plan better work. Or else this prank isn't worth the trouble I might get into.* You bit your lip nervously.

"Sweetheart… Does that mean… you've forgotten Woohyun too?" Your mum asked. You tilted your head and the middle of your forehead creased slightly. "Woo...hyun?"

-------------------

I'm sorry I haven’t been updating lately !! *bows* I had tests for the past two days so yea… *sigh*

BUT THEY'RE OVER NOW!~ YAY!! So I'll hopefully be able to catch up with my updates ^^

You guys weren't expecting it, were you ;) Amnesia.

WOOT! K-POP FEST IN SYDNEY ON SATURDAY! Anyone wanna meet me there? Like, seriously? :L