Having a 'Heart to Heart' with Daseul

Nerd by Day, Player by Night

 

Days at school didn't seem so long anymore, now that you had Daseul, your new best friend with you everyday. You two were like two peas in a pod, a very nerdy pod.

"Daseul-ah, wanna come over to my house?" You smiled. "Um… Yeah, sure. Can I finish my homework at your house first though?" Daseul asked.

"Of course, we'll do it together," you linked arms with Daseul and walked to your house.

"Hello Mrs Lee and Mr. Lee," Daseul politely bowed, as she met your parents. "Ah, this must be your friend, Yoo Daseul, that you always talk about, right ~~~~?" Your mum said.

"Yeah, she is. We're just going to be up in my room doing homework and such," you slightly bowed and led Daseul to your room.

"Okay, let's quickly get this annoying chemistry homework out of the way so we can do what we came here for," you quickly grabbed a pen and wrote the answers on your homework.

"Done!" Daseul shouted, as she shot one arm in the air. "Dammit! Okay, last question and then I'm done as well," you pouted.

Daseul chuckled as she looked around your room. She noticed your bedroom dresser and walked towards it. "Wah… It's so pretty," Daseul marvelled. She looked at the lotions and creams on and dresser and opened your wardrobe, seeing all your mini-dresses.

"Omo, ~~~~-ah. I never knew you were into these kind of clothes!" Daseul said, as she looked at you in surprise.

"Huh?" You were confused at what she was talking about but once you saw that she has opened your wardrobe, you dashed towards it and closed it. "Um… Yeah, well. We can talk about that later."

Daseul lowered her head, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to pry…" You looked at her, she looked like a kid that did something wrong and was hanging her head low.

"No, it's not like that but… I'll explain to you later. Come on, let's go sit on my bed, and we'll talk about everything," you nodded your head in the direction of your bed and climbed on, Daseul following you.

You took a deep breath in, "Okay, I've always wanted to share this with someone but since there wasn’t anyone that I could trust… I couldn't. Daseul-ah, can I trust you to keep this secret?" You were holding Daseul's hands and looked at her in the eyes with all due seriousness. Daseul gulped and nodded back.

"Okay. I… actually have… Mmh… Two lives?" You said. Daseul was genuinely confused and tilted her head.

"You know… Kind of like Hannah Montana but of course, I'm cooler," you joked. Daseul vaguely nodded and laughed. "Here, I'll show you exactly what I mean." You lifted yourself off your bed and walked over to your dresser and started applying makeup. Before you put anything on your face, you turned to Daseul, "Remember this face. Magic will happen."

First, you applied moisturiser and then, foundation. You highlighted your brow bone, T-zone and then around your temples. You then put bronzer near the back of your jaw and under the apples of your cheeks, creating a slimming effect. You lined your eyes with liquid eyeliner and winged it up slightly. You then lined your bottom lash line 2/3 of the way in with a black eyeliner pencil. Then, you created a smoky eye with brown eyeshadow and applied fake lashes. You finished off your look with light pink blush and a peach pink lipstick topped with a coat of clear lip gloss. You smacked your lips in and mirror and smiled, satisfied with the job you did.

You turned around to face Daseul, "Not done yet," you winked as you walked over to your wardrobe and grabbed a black mini-dress and a pair of black pumps. "I'll be back in a second," you said, as you walked into the bathroom to change.

You came out, looking stunning in your black pumps and your black mini-dress, showing much of your legs and hugging to your curves in the perfect place.

You smiled and sat next to Daseul who was on your bed, mouth wide open and unable to compute what just happened.

You chuckled, "Haha. I thought you'd be like that. You see… I actually go clubbing a lot. And when I do, I go out like this. But nobody knows about my nerd side at school. I go by the name, Nam ~~~~, outside in my nightlife," you explained.

Daseul blinked a few times and then looked at you from head to toe once again. "Wow… Magic really did happen…"

"And just between you and me, I'm a bit of a player too," you winked. Daseul smiled, "I can see why the boys would go for you."

"Now, it's your turn to spill. I've got a specific question actually. How do you feel about Lee Sungyeol-sshi," you asked, as you scooted closer to Daseul.

"H-huh? S-Sungyeol-sshi? Erm… Um… N-nothing special…" Daseul said, as she bit her lip nervously and pushed her glasses up.

"Haha, spill! I already told you my deepest secret! Now it's your turn!" You whined.

"Okay. But you have to promise you won't tell anyone either, okay?" Daseul looked at you with concerned eyes. "Definitely!"

"You see… Sungyeol-sshi and I met when we were kids. Our parents are really good friends so we used to see each other really often. And, well… I started falling for him," Daseul blushed.

"Oh my god, that's so cute! Tell me more!" You urged Daseul to go on.

"Well… I was going to confess to him one day… Till he became popular. There were so many pretty girls swarming around him, he wouldn’t even have noticed me. Even though we were still close, it just didn't feel the same anymore. And we just started to drift apart…"

You were sniffing. "Daseul-ah! Don't worry! I'll help you get Sungyeol!" You wailed, as you threw your arms around Daseul's neck.

---------------

Sorry for the REALLY long chapter...