L.Joe's Death

Mine

Jaejoong sat down leaning against his door, looking out the window where the moonlight spilled through. Jaejoong didn't want to turn the lights on. The lights felt like they were exposing his crime, of killing the innocent L.Joe. Jaejoong looked at the moon longingly before using his palm to support his forehead.

"I'm sorry L.Joe…" Jaejoong softly cried as a flashback of what happened that night played through his head.

 

L.Joe was backed up against the corner. "What… Wh-Who are you people?"

"Gods, kid. We're the gods around here. The one that rises from the East," a tall guy said.

L.Joe gasped. "You're… Dong Bang Shin Ki, aren't you!? The infamous DBSK, GANGSTERS!? No… This can't be right."

L.Joe squinted under the dim light and recognised their faces. Yunho, Jaejoong, Changmin, Yoochun and Junsu. L.Joe's eyes widened as they edged closer.

"Don't act like a wuss, Sungyeol. We know who you are, and we know who you are, so let's stop playing dumb. Give us what we want, your clubs." Yoochun growled.

L.Joe was truly confused. "Wh-What? Sungyeol? I'm not Sungyeol… I'm called L.Joe, Lee Byunghun."

Junsu smirked, "Yeah, right. And I'm Won Bin. I think Lee Byunghun would look a lot older than you are, kiddo."

Suddenly, Changmin used his long legs and dashed towards L.Joe, grabbing his collar.

"Give us the clubs, NOW! You don't want to mess with us," Changmin stared right through L.Joe's eyes, sending ice through every one of L.Joe's veins.

"B-But, I really am NOT Sungyeol…" L.Joe struggled under Changmin's grip of his collar, trying hard to peel his fingers away.

"Ha, you think we'd fall for that!?" Changmin threw L.Joe against the wall and scoffed at him. L.Joe coughed from the impact and lay there, aching from the pain.

"Okay, we'll give poor Sungyeol here a ten second head start to run away from us. But if we happen to catch him after those ten seconds…" Jaejoong dangerously smirked. "We can't guarantee your safety."

"Ten," Changmin started. L.Joe panicked and scrambled to get up but fell back down again.

"Nine," Junsu continued. "Sungyeol-ah, if you treasure your life, you'll run now," Jaejoong warned.

L.Joe gasped and ran for his life.

"Hyung, what's the number before nine? Oops. Let's go!" Yoochun shouted, as the five sprinted towards L.Joe.

L.Joe looked back and saw the five beasts running after him. He fastened his pace but he was no match for Yunho and Changmin's long legs. L.Joe was caught and pushed to the ground. Changmin and Yunho pinned either side of his arms down. L.Joe tried looking around for help but there was no-one about. Soon, Jaejoong had caught up and was standing dangerously over L.Joe.

"Sungyeol-ah. I told you to run. But now that you're caught…" Jaejoong looked towards the dim streetlight but quickly shot L.Joe a death glare. "Any. Last. Words?"

L.Joe whimpered. "I'm really not Sungyeol! I don't even know who Sungyeol is! Please let me go!" L.Joe begged and was on the verge of crying.

Jaejoong suddenly whipped out a knife from his back pocket and was dangerously twirling it between his fingers. L.Joe looked at the knife in horror, as it was only just above him.

"I guess you don't have any. This knife is pretty isn't it? But I just might accidentally-" Jaejoong stopped twirling the knife and it landed blade first, into L.Joe's stomach.

"-Drop it." Jaejoong said, as he finished his sentence. L.Joe was now in cold sweat and breathing unevenly.

Junsu bent down and lightly smacked L.Joe's cheeks. "We told you to give them to us, but you wouldn't listen. Tut tut tut. Hyung, please finish him off quickly. We don't want him to suffer too much," Junsu got back up and smirked at L.Joe, with the last sentence full of sarcasm.

L.Joe was breathing heavily and losing much blood from the wound.

*~~~~-ah, please be well… Take care, and don't try to look for DBSK. Please… Stay.. Away…*

Jaejoong turned to s and raised his hand in the air, "Let's go."

They all turned to go when suddenly, a police car rolled by.

"Stop! Right there!" An officer stepped out of the car and pointed his baton at Jaejoong. Jaejoong laughed at him as if he had just told him a joke. Jaejoong's head quickly snapped back to the officer and dashed towards him, stabbing him in the stomach. With his hands digging the knife deep, he glared at the second officer.

"I suggest that you shut your mouth and run. No, wait. Too late, Junsu's here." Jaejoong looked behind the second officer, who was stabbed in the back by Junsu.

"Sorry hyung. I haven't done this in a long time and my hands were just itching to do it." Junsu gave the officer one last stab and let him fall to the ground.

"Let's go, before another car rolls up." Yunho coolly said, as he lifted his grip from L.Joe and walked over to Junsu.

"Good job. Right in the liver," Yunho said, as he patted Junsu on the shoulder.

Jaejoong gave L.Joe one last look before leaving. *Something.. Doesn't seem right. Didn't Sungyeol have black hair? Since when did he get blonde hair?*

But Jaejoong shook that thought away and walked to 'Mirage', their club.

 

As the flashback finished, Jaejoong remember the guilt he felt the next morning, after seeing on the news that he really DID kill the wrong person. Jaejoong gave himself a weak laugh.

"Kim Jaejoong… Why did you ever start? Why did you ever become a gangster… Why did you… Ever fall in love with her…"

------------------------

:(