Your Brother

Mine

You opened the door to your apartment. You traced your memories back to what it was like this morning. Clothes and undergarments lying on the floor, dishes unwashed, food packaging lying everywhere with crumbs being visible on almost all parts of the now nicely polished wooden floor.

*Phew, thank go I cleaned this morning… Oh else Jaejoong-oppa would've seen something that would've completely wrecked my image!* you thought, as you took your shoes off and rushed off to find a first aid kit and some ice.

Jaejoong stepped into your house and marvelled at the cleanliness.

*Wah, her house is so clean. But then again, it IS a girl's house, haha.*

Jaejoong slid his hands in back of his jeans and gave himself a tour of your house. He looked at the pictures near the TV.

*Ah, it's that girl that ~~~~ was with when I met her at our showcase. This… is must be her parents. But… Who's this?* Jaejoong was picking up the pictures and smiling at your blissful expressions in each one of the photos. But his gaze couldn't shift from the boy that was standing next to you in the third picture.

*He… looks… so familiar. Don't tell me… he's…*

You suddenly came rushing back with your first aid kit and some ice.

"Oppa! I found my first aid kit and some ice!" You yelled excitedly, making Jaejoong jump.

Jaejoong dropped the photo of you and your brother and the glass of the frame smashed and cracked into pieces.

Jaejoong gasped, "Oh my god… ~~~~-ah, I'm sorry. Um… I'll buy a new photo frame for you, I promise. Please don't get angry at me!"

Jaejoong clapped his hands in front of him and bowed down.

You froze slightly at his sudden gesture but giggled at his silliness.

"Haha, it's okay oppa. As long as the photo is alright, I can get a new photo frame for it any day. Um… Just let me get the vacuum and I'll clean it up, okay?" You put the ice and first aid kit down on the table and went to get the vacuum cleaner.

Jaejoong stood there and looked over that pictured behind the smashed glass.

*We meet again…. L.Joe…* Jaejoong's eyes became clouded and his fringe covered his eyes. From a distance, he looked as if he was the only one left on this world. Regret and darkness clouded around him.

 

After you had finished cleaning up the mess that Jaejoong had made, you sat Jaejoong down on the couch and attended to his bruise. You purposely pressed the bruise and made a face.

"YAH! HAN ~~~~! YOU WANNA DIE!? I NEED THIS FACE TO MAKE MONEY!" Jaejoong cupped his hands over the bruise and shuffled all the way over to the other side of the couch.

You stuck your tongue out. "That's what you get for being a creepy standing in front of a girl's apartment that late at night. You should've called first. Or even just a text would've be fine." You rolled your eyes and shuffled over to where Jaejoong was.

Jaejoong protectively backed up. "I swear… If you press my bruise one more time…" You cut him off.

"I won't oppa. I'll be as gentle as possible," you shot him a reassuring smile and applied some cooling medicine on his forehead, peeled a band-aid and smacked it right on his bruise.

"OW!" Jaejoong yelled, cupping his bruise again.

You put your hands together as if you were dusting your hands. "Done. Hehe, oppa, come back here. I won't do it anymore~~ I'm done." You laughed as Jaejoong got up from the couch and was moving to the other side of the room.

 

Jaejoong took a look at the photo with you and L.Joe in it and had to ask.

"~~~~-ah. Who's this?" Jaejoong pointed to the boy next to you, smiling brightly.

Your expression softened with hints of sadness in your eyes.

"That's… my half-brother. But I loved him just as much as a full brother. He was my best friend, always there for me. But one day… He vanished… And when they found him… He was dead. They said that some gang got to him…" You were starting to tear up as the rush of memories stampeded through your head, hitting your heart hard every time.

You sniffed and looked up, "So I swore on my brother's grave. That I would find the gang that got to him and abolish them."

Jaejoong looked at you thoughtfully. He gulped and said, "Did… Did you end up finding out who did it to your brother?"

You sadly smiled, shook your head and looked down. "No… I couldn't… It was as if the gang had disappeared into thin air after that night…"

Jaejoong looked away. "What was his name… Your brother, I mean."

"Since he's my half brother, his last name isn't the same as me. Byunghun. Lee Byunghun. But he preferred to be called L.Joe."

*So it really is you.... L.Joe.*

--------------------

Omo, Jaejoong knows your half-brother. But how?

THERE'S SOMETHING SUS GOING ON!!!   ;D