An Official Trainee

Mine

You were dressed in a simple white shirt and blue skinnies. Simple but able to show your never-ending legs and your curves perfectly.

As you walked up the empty stairs in your black pumps, only the sound of your heels and your beating heart was heard. When you reached the door, you fixed your hair and placed your hands on the handle.

*Well, here goes nothing,* you thought, as you held your breath and opened the door.

A simple room with the back wall blue and the left and right walls white was presented to your eyes. A simple black desk with papers stacked on it was in further back to the room. Behind the desk, the back of a chair was faced towards you, concealing the figure sitting on it completely.

"Hello ~~~~-sshi. Welcome to Woolim Entertainment." The chair turned, revealing a middle-aged man.

Two seats were placed in front of the desks. "Please, sit down. This conversation won't be a short one," said Woolim's president as he gestured for you to sit.

"Ah.. Yes…" You did a slight bow and sat down.

The president propped his elbows on the desk, interlaced his fingers and rested his chin on it.

"I'm glad you chose to be with Woolim, ~~~~-sshi. I've prepared your contract and if there's any problems with it, you can come see me anytime." The president pushed an A4 envelope across the table.

"Ah… Yes, thank you. Um, but I have a question." You said.

"Go ahead," smiled the president.

"Won't this be of trouble for you? I mean, I haven't had any training or auditions and you're just taking me in because of the mess I've created. I am sincerely sorry about the incident at Music Core but I don't think you have to go as far as making me a trainee to protect your company's name."

The president gave a light laugh, causing you to slightly furrow your eyebrows.

"If I only wanted to protect Woolim's name, then I would've just called you a stalker fan that somehow got past the security and onto the stage. Dragging your name and reputation along with it. But no, I saw talent in you. Your dancing was… captivating. And I don't know if you checked but, you've even got yourself a little fan café. But of course, with no information on you, there's not much activity on it."

You were bewildered. *I have a fan café?* The president continued.

"Thus, with your looks and your astonishing ability to dance, I decided to invest in you and make you a trainee here. Judging by your dancing skills, you'll only need a few months of training to polish them. But your singing skills… That was the only uncertainty in this investment. But where there's benefit, there's a risk. And that was the risk. So," the president clapped his hands together.

"Show me a bit of your singing skills."

Your eyes widened. *S...Singing skills!? I haven't sung ever since… since… L.Joe-oppa went to heaven…*

You bit your lip and slightly fidgeted. You then took a deep breath and opened your voice. The first time in 10 years.

You sang Baek JiYoung's 'That Woman', showcasing you broad range of vocals. After singing the first verse and the chorus, you stopped and waited for the president's reaction. The president was stunned. He never expected you to be this good. *I've stuck gold…*

You took the silence as a rejection and lowered your head. "I'm sorry… I - "

"NO NO! You were brilliant! Bravo!" the president loudly applauded your singing.

"Really?" Your head shot up, eyes twinkling at the compliment.

"Yes, it really was. That was your ballad skills… Now, would you care to show me a slice of what you would sound like if you were to sing an upbeat pop song?" The president gestured for you to sing again.

This time, you sang SNSD's 'Gee'. It was overflowing with energy and aegyo. Once you had finished, the president applauded once more. "Wah, you really are an all-round perfect singer."

You shyly smiled and opened the envelope, containing the contract.

"Here, I'll sign this contract now," you beamed, quickly scanning through the contract.

With a swish of a pen, your name was signed and you are now a trainee under Woolim. The president smiled widely at the signed contract.

"~~~~, I officially welcome you into our Woolim family," he held his hand out. You stood up and shook it.

"I've actually got your first project for you, to give you some spotlight in the media. You see, we have a song that was waiting to be released but we needed a girl to sing in it. Would you be interested?" The president raised an eyebrow.

"A project? Already? Of course I'll take it!" You beamed brightly at the president, with gratitude and happiness overflowing in your heart.

The president clapped his hands together once more. "Great, it's all set then. Stop by the recording studio in a few days and we can get things started. I'll call the press and tell them about this brilliant news."

You stood up and bowed. "Thank you so much for accepting me."

The president smiled. "Off you go now. You'll be moving into a dorm that we'll have prepared for you."

You beamed and bowed again. "Thank you. I'll see you soon."

You walked out and closed the door behind you. You leaned against and wall blew a breath of air through your cheeks. Then you just started jumping around and squealing.

"I'M A TRAINEE NOW!! THIS IS SO EXCITING! AND I'M HAVING MY FIRST RECORDING IN A FEW DAYS!!! I'VE GOT TO TELL OPPAS ABOUT THIS!" You started texting.

'Oppa! I did it! I'm now an official trainee under Woolim!! And I'm going to record my first song soon! I can't wait! Let's go out and celebrate this! Love, ~~~~ <33'

You sent the text simultaneously to Jaejoong and Sungyeol. You bit your lip in excitement.

*I wonder who'll text back first?*

----------------

^^ hehe~~ who will it be?~~

I'm also here to promote my 2nd fanfic :D  It's a B2ST fic called 'Genie' :3 The first chapter's kinda messy… >.> Sorry ><

Here's the link: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/63928/

Of course, 'Mine' will be my first priority but I'll be updating 'Genie' regularly too ~ :D

Please give it lots of love if you decide to read (and hopefully subscribe) it ^^ <33