First Recording

Mine

A few days past by. You were burying your head in books and studying for an upcoming test. It had been days since you had last gone out. Just then, your phone rang.

*Mmh? Who could it be?* You checked the caller ID. 'Infinite's Manager'.

*Ah, it's Jungryeol-sshi. I wonder what he would need me for?*

You picked up your phone and spoke into it. "Hello, Jungryeol-sshi. Is something wrong?"

"Ah, ~~~~-sshi? Are you free today? Can you come to record the song today?" Jungryeol was already at the recording studio.

"Ah…" You hesitated as you looked at the pile of books on your desk.

*Mmh.. It's been days since I've been out… I guess, it couldn't hurt to get out once in a while, right?*

"Sure, I'm free. Where's the studio?" You were excited that you were going to record your first ever song.

"Um, it's in Kangnam. I'll text you the address. I'll see you in a bit, ~~~~-sshi."

"Thank you, good bye." As you waited for the message to come, you went into your bathroom and changed.

 

Today, you wearing a light pink, loose cropped shirt with a pair of denim shorts. You wore a simple brown shoulder bag and had your hair in loose curls. You looked at your phone, then at a street sigh Kangnam.

*Hmm… It should be around here somewhere… Ah! There is it!* You pointed to a building and quickened your steps in.

When you got out of the elevator, you were greeted by a worker.

"You are Han ~~~~-sshi, right?"  You nodded.

"Please follow me," the worker motioned for you to follow her.

She led you down a hallway, past two other recording studios, with producers working with upcoming groups. At the last turn, you arrived.

"Jungryeol-sshi is waiting for you." She left you to go back to work.

You left a small 'Wow' escape your mouth. *I've never been in a recording studio before… This is all so new and… Cool.*

You opened the door to find Jungryeol and two other Infinite members, Dongwoo and Hoya. You bowed  and blushed. *I'm so close to Infinite…*

Jungryeol cleared his throat and began. "~~~~-sshi? I've got the song that you're going to record with Dongwoo and Hoya today."

You eyes widened as you heard the last words. "...With Dongwoo-sshi AND Hoya-sshi today!?"

Jungryeol looked at you as if you had said the most obvious thing.

"Of course. It'll be released as a digital single. Here, have a listen to the demo." Jungryeol pressed a button and a song began to play. A soothing melody started the song off, along with the demo vocalists. Dongwoo and Hoya nodded and noted down things they needed to remember for their parts, looking as professional as ever. Whereas you were just listening, trying to remember the melody and looking at the lyrics sheet.

The song had ended and it was time for the official recording. Dongwoo and Hoya started first, as they were already used to it. They did some retakes after some discussion with the lyricist and finished. It was your turn now. You gulped and stepped into the room where the microphone was. You put the headphones on and heard Jungryeol speak to you.

"Just relax and do your thing. I heard many good things about you from the president," Jungryeol said, in attempt to reassure you but ended up putting more pressure on you instead.

You took a deep breath and did some vocal opening exercises.

"Ready?" the producer asked. You nodded and looked at the lyrics sheet.

The music started playing from the headphones and you opened your golden voice.

----------------------

:D I'll update soon ~ It's an alright chapter yeah? :L