Old Talents~

The Emotional Roller Coaster I Call Life With Super Junior

I was scared to touch Henry’s violin. It was just so pretty!

“Aish, Uki, would you just pick it up already?!” Henry exclaimed impatiently, picking it up and throwing it into my hands.

“Yah! Henry!” I exclaimed, nearly letting it drop to the floor.

I looked at the anxious faces around me then turned my gaze back to the violin in my hands. It was too pretty! T^T I was scared to touch the strings, scared that if I made one false move, the bridge was gonna snap off. That was a pain in the to fix, especially if the sound post fell! Man, my violin was never this pretty! Well, I’ll admit, it was a good quality instrument, but this one was a thousand times better!

“UKI!”

“HENRY!”

He let out an annoyed breath and grabbed my hands, forcing the bow into one hand and the neck of the instrument in the other. He picked up the violin and forced it onto my shoulder, placing the bow on the strings.

“PLAY,” he commanded.

I pouted at him as I dropped the instrument again. “It’s been years! I don’t even remember a simple D Major scale!”

“Aish! I just wanna hear you play something! None of the other members know how to play, so I thought it’d be interesting to finally hear what I sound like to somebody else. Pull a Donghae if you have to! Play Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star!

“Hey! I played that song beautifully, thank you!” Donghae exclaimed indignantly.

I laughed at his childish ways. “I’m sure you did Donghae. And Henry. No matter how hard you try, you’re never gonna find someone else who can play as well as you can because you, my friend, are just simply that beast.”

Henry smiled proudly. “Well, I try, I try. Now don’t be skirting around the subject. Play!”

“Yah!”

“C’mon Uki, I remember hearing you play. You were really good!” Seungri exclaimed.

I glared at him. Gee, thanks!

“What?! You played for them but never for us?!” Eunhyuk exclaimed, faking cries. “You love Big Bang more than us!”

I laughed at him. “If I loved Big Bang more than you, why am I still here after all these years of going insane with you guys?”

Eunhyuk thought for a second, his tears ‘magically’ coming to a halt. “This is true.”

I smiled.

“Ukiiiiiii!” Henry whined.

I let out a breath. “Aish, this kid.”

“Kid?! I’m almost two years older than you!”

“That proves nothing! Donghae’s six years older than me and he still acts like a three-year-old!”

“This is also true,” Donghae agreed with an adorable grin directed my way. I just smiled back.

“We are so getting off topic here! Uki, I just wanna hear you play something. Obviously you’re good if you got accepted into Julliard. Pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaasssseeeee?” Henry begged, pouting at me.

Aish. I can’t believe his aegyo got to me. I sighed and picked up the violin in my hands.

“Yah! His aegyo works on you and mine doesn’t?! This is madness! Absolutely unacceptable!” Sungmin exclaimed with a pout and a glare directed toward me.

I rolled my eyes. “Well, someone was gonna beat you out sooner or later. And look at him. How can you resist those cheeks?! He’s just about the cutest thing in the world!”

Henry smiled, showing all his teeth to Sungmin, who pouted and grumbled to himself. I turned my back away from them and tuned the violin.

“Turn around and face us!” Henry insisted.

“No! I don’t like it when people watch me play.”

 And with that being said, I first started out with a simple D Major scale. I smiled. Hey, I remember this! Before I knew it, I was lost in my own little world, my fingers and the bow working in perfect rhythm. I played the only thing I remembered, which was the solo I played for my quote unquote ‘senior year.’ It was a flippin’ hard solo, man. Even the accompaniment was hard! I didn’t wanna play the entire first movement, which was about ten minutes long, so I ended it about five minutes later after the cadenza. I smiled proudly, polishing off the leftover residue the rosin left on the strings. I almost forgot how much I loved playing! I turned around to the others to see them all looking at me with mouths agape.

“You could have been such a brilliant violinist!” my mother repeated, clearly upset by my decision.

I rolled my eyes. “Mother! What’s done is done. I chose a real career path with a tangible future for myself. And I don’t regret my decision one bit.”

I handed the violin back to Henry with a smile, loosening the bow before handing it back to him as well. He shook his head and looked at me again. “And you haven’t touched a violin in two years?! There’s no way that’s possible! You’re too good!”

“Aww, thanks!” I said with a laugh. “Yeah, I haven’t touched a violin or cello since I graduated from UCLA. The Mendelssohn was my graduating piece when I left high school though. I can’t believe I still remember it after all these years!”

Henry shook his head as he slowly packed his violin away. “You would have been brilliant at Julliard. Such a shame.”

I laughed at him and ended up laughing even harder when I saw that all the guys were still staring at me with mouths agape.

Jiwon’s POV~

I was so pissed.

Seeing her surrounded by all of them, getting praised for something that she didn’t even wanna learn. Violin was my instrument! It was the one thing that was mine! SHE WAS A FREAKING CELLIST AND NEVER WANTED TO BE A VIOLINIST! AND HERE SHE IS, COMPLETELY SHOWING ME UP AGAIN! I hated it when she did that! Everything that I could do, she could always do better! She always one-uped me in everything, and even if she didn’t do it on purpose, she still did it! Now here she is, not having touched a violin in two years, and she can still play the Mendelssohn flawlessly?! I COULDN’T EVEN GO ANYWHERE NEAR THAT PIECE UNTIL MY FRESHMAN YEAR OF COLLEGE! AND UKI WAS ABLE TO DO IT PERFECTLY AT AGE FOURTEEN!

GAH!

I silently grinded my teeth as I watched her hand the gorgeous violin back to Henry.

“You would have been brilliant at Julliard. Such a shame,” I heard him say as he sadly put his instrument away.

My lips curled in anger as I watched her laugh. I got even angrier when I saw Leeteuk making faces at her, making her laugh harder. LEETEUK WAS MINE, DAMN IT! Wait a minute…I broke up with him.

IT DOESN’T MATTER.

HE IS STILL MINE!

I huffed to myself when I saw her fall back onto Seungri from laughing so hard.

DAMN IT! WHY DOES SHE GET ALL THE GUYS TO HERSELF?!

NOT.

FAIR.

“Jiwon, if you keep frowning like that, you’re gonna get early wrinkles,” my mom said, shooting me a look.

Great. Now everyone was looking at me. Aish, why was I still here? It’s obvious that everyone hates me for what I’ve done to their precious Uki. It was an accident! And she can’t just it up already?! I mean, I heard that Tony treated the girls fine. It was just her that was purposefully acting up so I don’t blame Tony for hitting her!

“You feeling okay?” my mom asked me again.

Even though she was trying her best to show me that she didn’t totally hate me, I can still sense the iciness behind her words whenever she spoke to me and I can still feel the coldness of her stare whenever she looked at me.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” I replied, shifting my weight to my other foot. “I was just thinking. Since Uki’s all alive and well again, I think I’m probably gonna head back to England soon.”

My mom in a sharp breath as she shot me her icy glare again. “You’re not going anywhere until both of our girls are alive and well! We’re all staying here to support Donghae’s mom until Alex comes back, and that’s the end of discussion, arasso?!”

“Then why can’t Uki just hurry up and go back there to find where she is already?! I’m falling behind in my studies!” I yelled.

“You ungrateful little—come here! I’ll teach you to talk to me like that!” my mom yelled, coming toward me with her hand raised.

“Mom!” Uki yelled, standing up and catching hold of her wrist.

My mom stopped in her tracks and turned to look at Uki, the iciness in her eyes completely melting away. Pfsht. Great to know which one is the obvious favorite daughter in the family.

“C’mon, mom, if she wants to go, just let her. She’s dead weight around here anyway, never lending a helping hand,” Uki said, letting go of my mom’s wrist.

My cheeks heated as I stamped my foot to the ground angrily. “Excuse me?! Dead weight?! What is that supposed to mean?!”

“It means that no one wants you here!” Uki yelled at me. “Can’t you see it?! Everyone wants you gone. You’re no help around here, and everyone dislikes you so much that they don’t even wanna voice their opinions about you ‘cause they don’t even want you in their thoughts!

“You speaking for the group doesn’t count as everyone’s personal opinion, Uki,” I spat.

“Actually, I second that. I don’t like you. Not only do you constantly torture my little sister, but you also wronged our Teukie. So yeah, needless to say, I want you gone. And if it weren’t for the fact that you were Siwon’s little sister and Uki’s older sister, I would have kicked you out myself a long time ago,” Heechul said bluntly, giving me an indifferent shrug of the shoulder.

Uki laughed at his words, giving him an obvious wink. 

“Oh, like it matters what you think. You dislike everybody!” I responded.

“If he disliked me, or if he disliked the members, he would have said so already. Heechul oppa is not one to hold his tongue on something like that,” Uki said, casting me one of her glares.

“You know what, Uki—?!”

“Okay, that’s enough!” someone’s voice interrupted. I turned to see my dad standing there, an angry look on his face. “You wanna leave so badly, then go! Go on, leave! Go pack your bags right this instant and get outta here!”

My lower lip trembled as his words sunk in. “B-but, appa!”

“You’re no daughter of mine!” he yelled. “No daughter of mine would ever sell her own sister into a trafficking ring like you had!”

“But it was an accident! I didn’t mean to do it!” I sobbed, running toward him.

He turned his head away from me, refusing to look in my direction. I looked to my mom, but she looked away as well. Siwon? He had his gaze directed toward the floor. I didn’t even bother to look in Uki’s direction, already knowing what I’d receive from her. I couldn’t believe this. My entire family has legitimately given up on me. They’ve given up on me as both a sister and a daughter. I’ve lost my family. I shook my head slowly, not wanting to believe it, as I was blinking back the tears. I ran off to my room and immediately pulled out my suitcases, throwing all my belongings inside.

 

Kekeke. So for those of you who have no idea about anything classical music related, the Mendelssohn Violin Concerto in E Minor is a hhaaaaaarrrrddd solo piece. Lol. Like, even the accompaniment is hard. One of our best violinists played it as her solo last year with us accompanying her, and we all struggled with it. :P

If you wanna hear what the concerto sounds like and get a little taste of what we all had to struggle with, click here!

Lol. I don't know who Sarah Chang is. She's some famous violin prodigy who played this concerto flawlessly. Lol. I also like how she got so into the piece(x Kekekek. And you don't have to watch the whole thing! Lol. It's freaking ten minutes long! I dno't know why, though. When we played it, it freaking lasted for fifteen minutes. -.- My shoulder hurt so much afterward. Lol. Any whoo~ Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter! Love you guys!~

PSSSS. I lied to you guys. The cadenza happens around 7:55 in Sarah's interpretation of the piece(x